Search results

1. M

Sold Pono UL4-2 Baritone—Sold locally

Very good/excellent condition. I bought this in September of 2022 thinking I would retune it to CGDA and have a small tenor guitar. The Pono sounds wonderful as both a baritone ukulele and small tenor guitar but I have decided I don't need another instrument to add to my collection of three...
  2. M

Acquired Baritone Ukulele

Adding my name to the list, I have a Pono UL4-2 with hardshell case. Both in very good/excellent condition. I bought it to retune to CGDA (tenor guitar tuning) but decided I did not like the slightly wider neck of the Pono as compared to my tenor banjo and tenor guitar, both of which seem to be...
  3. M

Sold OHANA TK-80 TENOR--Sold via Cragislist

Thanks. Sad to see it go but happy it is going to an enthusiastic owner.
  4. M

I've sold this great tenor through Craigslist. The buyer is happy to get it and I hope he reaches out to all of you any advice or help he might need. Thanks to all for looking and for your comments.
  5. M

Going on up- I'm looking at tenors in the Anuenue moonbird quality and price region. Mass market or consider luthier built?

Always best if you can try the instrument before buying. That option not always is possible. The next best option is to play your current ukulele and identify and write a list of which features you like about yours and which you would like changed or improved. Then sit down with your list and...
  6. M

Narrow neck baritone?

Thanks for that idea. I think most likely it is the sting spacing. How does this affect the string spacing at the bridge? Have you or anyone tried this approach? Thanks for any more thoughts.
  7. M

Narrow neck baritone?

I have a Pono UL4-2. I'd like to have a baritone with a narrower neck. The Pono neck is 1 7/16" at the nut. I'm looking for 1 3/16". Any suggestions? I think I'd be willing to trade for a baritone with the same build quality as this Pono. Thanks.
  8. M

Going on up- I'm looking at tenors in the Anuenue moonbird quality and price region. Mass market or consider luthier built?

( Warning: shameless self-promotion.) I think you can't wrong with an Ohana TK-80 unless you're a professional or really want to treat yourself to a more top-of-the-line instrument. And, who doesn't? They sound great and they are easy and fun to play. And, that's why we do play, right?
  9. M

Hardshell case

Thanks for your reply. I contacted Kala but they don't have one to fit. And, its their guitar! Saga sells a Carfrion brand for tenor guitar but I coulnd not find interior dimensions abd I'm still waitiing for Saga to respond to my query. Aloha City Ukes does not carry that size. I'll look for...
  10. M

Hardshell case

I'm looking for a hardshell case for a Kala-GTR. Total length 32" Lower bout 12" Upper bout 9" Body depth 3 3/8" Thanks for any suggestions.
  11. M

Still available.
  12. M

Despite this Ohana being such a fine instrument I have gone back to my original intention of selling it. I have dropped the price which, I think, makes this a very good deal for someone. Thanks for looking.
  13. M

Steel strings on a tenor as a cavaquinho substitute?

Thanks for your help.
  14. M

Thanks for that suggestion. Any recommendations on which strings or string sets to buy to follow your advice for D3 G3 B3 D4 tuning?
  15. M

Thanks for all of your responses and advice. I’ll check for a truss rod but maybe better just to put that idea to rest. I might try nylon strings in that tuning. No chance I can afford another instrumen.
  16. M

Can an Ohana TK-80 be strung with steel strings? Any reason not to? What problems would I have if putting on steel strings? My idea is to re-tune to DGBD, cavaquinho tuning, for Brazilian tunes. Thanks for any help and advice.
  17. M

Looking for Baritone Uke...

If the original poster still is looking for a baritone, I have a Pono UL4-2 I am selling. I haven't posted it yet only because I wanted to be sure I want to let it go. I bought it and restrung it CGDA, as my tenor guitars, but I've decided to stick with the tenor guitar. I will restring it with...
  18. M

I have decided to spend a little more time with this tuning. You all are right: this is a great instrument. I pulled it out yesterday and wondered why I was selling.
  19. M

Thanks for that information. The TK-80 is a beautiful looking and sounding instrument. I really should learn how to play it.
  20. M

Still available. Satisfy your New Year's resolution.
Top Bottom