Search results

1. PhilWA

Baritone with Worth Browns

I recently inherited a Lanikai LU-21B from an old friend and mentor. I know it is not an expensive uke but it means the world to me. I was not sure what the strings were that he had on it but they were in pretty bad shape. I sprung for some Worth Browns and must say they really sound fantastic...
  2. PhilWA

New String Day

I just removed the Martin 620's from my Kanile'a Super tenor and installed some of the Aquila Sugar labeled as Squeakless. These are reentrant strings and so far I am liking them quite a bit. They seem to be a bit easier to play bar chords and they sound very nice played finger style. The Martin...
  3. PhilWA

NUD Kanile'a KSR ST DLX

I am a real newb here on the UU so please forgive me any mistakes and errors but please correct me if and when I go wrong. This Kanile'a is my first really good uke and also only my second ukulele since around 1967 or so. I have been a musician for the majority of my adult life and play guitar...
  4. PhilWA

Yet another Newbie

Good morning all. I am a long time musician who started out on the ukulele back in about 1966 or so before moving on the the guitar. I also play 5 string banjo, dobro, bass (electric, upright and Kala Uke bass) and still a guitarist. I recently got the bug to take up the ukulele again and my new...
Top Bottom