Search results

1. hands_on_lanzon

SOTU 635: Castles

Ahhhh yes! Expanding my song lyric library! I know all these songs, enjoy them all, and they're all easier than Jimi Hendrix!! 😅
  2. hands_on_lanzon

SOTU 635: Castles

The limited song library in my brain could only thing of two songs with the word "castle" in it, so it was either Castles Made of Sand by Jimi Hendrix or this. Since there's no way I could take on a classic Jimi track in a week, I ridiculously decided to go with a classic Stevie Wonder track...
  3. hands_on_lanzon

Picked It Up Today

If you're near the Seattle area, you should check out Dusty Strings, if you haven't already. They've got a nice selection of ukes, not to mention mandolins, guitars, and harps!! It's a pretty cool little spot and really the only place I've found with decent ukes in the area.
  4. hands_on_lanzon

Going down the Japanese Uke rabbit hole

I think the larger international planes and flights are bit nicer than these little planes going around SE Asia. I had to gate check again from Chiang Mai to Bangkok using VietJet. I'm gonna try luck again on Monday using Air Asia from Bangkok to Hanoi, but we're back on VietJet from Hanoi to...
  5. hands_on_lanzon

Ukulele happenings in Tokyo?

So bummed I'm missing Corey and Kalei!
  6. hands_on_lanzon

LIVE LOOPERS, share your videos here!

I just started to mess with a looper back in Feb-March, mainly to practice my soloing techniques for now. I haven't started to compose with it or really explore too much yet. I hope to keep learning and getting better and better! Definitely no Mike Love!!! Here's a little Little Wing.
  7. hands_on_lanzon

My 3rd Solo album "Ukumentals no. 3" out now

Sweet! Looking forward to the streaming release!
  8. hands_on_lanzon

Randolph ukulele

I don't have any experience, but congrats on the new uke! Let us know how you like it!
  9. hands_on_lanzon

New Buttons Day for Risa Sticks

Looking good!!
  10. hands_on_lanzon

How many ukes have you got? (expanded poll)

My sentiments exactly!! My number isn't as crazy as some, but it's definitely more than enough. I just imagined the conversations/scolding I might get into if my wife actually learned how to use and search this forum. "So, I'm counting your NUDs here aaaaand did a search for all the times you...
  11. hands_on_lanzon

Sold Rebel Double Creme Mango Concert

It warms my hear to see such UAS enabling. 🥰 this is the exact reason I've avoided posting a "wanted" thread. Buncha pushers gonna make me broke! I think I also enjoy the thrill of the chase. 😅 (even though my hunting days are over 😉😉) btw, I successfully avoided that mahogany I'iwi! Patting...
  12. hands_on_lanzon

Hi I am new

Welcome to the UU Forum, Chris! That's my name too. Also love ukes and KoAloha. Seems like we should get along fine!! 😬 I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more of your uke journey!!
  13. hands_on_lanzon

Koaloha factory tour unveils some interesting things to come….

Good thing the grandkids are singing! For some reason, I can't picture Paul ever doing this 😅
  14. hands_on_lanzon

Koaloha factory tour unveils some interesting things to come….

Wuuuuuuut?!? 🤩 I can't wait to hear all these models in the hands of the good gents at TUS!!! Thanks for the amazing lil sneak peek!!
  15. hands_on_lanzon

Headed to Hawaii - Tell me what I should buy

brah! it's a good reminder of the trauma of seeing the person in front of us order the last bacon maple scone from Coffee Gallery in Haleiwa. Why do they sell out so quick and why don't they just make more?!?! It will sell. Go Ted's Bakery and get some chocolate haupia pie! They will not sell...
  16. hands_on_lanzon

Maybe it's too triggering?! I miss it, now that you mentioned it!!
  17. hands_on_lanzon

SOTU 633: Time is on my side (yes it is)

oOooOOooooh!! I wonder if we all have a voodoo SOTU host?!? So far, I've been lucky and can see all the threads. Maybe more new hosts can sign up and I can finally find my secret voodoo host!!!
  18. hands_on_lanzon

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

If you listen closely, you can hear another quiet Seasonista singing in the background. Perhaps she's singing in a careful whisper? 😏 Fyi, I had to check if whispering uses your larynx and, according to Wikipedia, it's actually worse for your throat to whisper!!! Hopefully you haven't been...
  19. hands_on_lanzon

Hey, I'm new to ukuleles.

Welcome to UU! You've come to the right place. Hope you find all the answers and beautiful ukes you're looking for!!
  20. hands_on_lanzon

How about something vintage? Shawn at 'Ukulele Friend or Tyler at the 'Ukulele Store could help you find something old or new. I say try as many as you can and hopefully find something rare... one that you can't find anywhere else and that calls out to you. Don't go thinking about a particular...
Top Bottom