Search results

1. Ila

Tabs/Chords Seeking accurate chords for "Smuggler's Blues" by Glen Frey

Hi. I checked Ultimate Guitar but they had a very fundamental version of this song and it omits all the jazzy 7 and min7 chords. I would be very appreciative if someone could help me figure out the actual chords. Here are the lyrics: There's trouble on the street tonight I can feel it in my...
  2. Ila

SOTU 601 -- Sealife

Season 601 -- Sealife Greetings, fellow Seasonistas, and welcome to week 601! On Aug. 20th, my beloved and I are celebrating 12 years of marriage, and after the hurricane that’s currently threatening the US left coast, we’ll be celebrating by going to SeaWorld. So I’ve decided that this week’s...
  3. Ila

Chord diagram generator?

Hi. Is there a website that I can use to convert numbers into a chord diagram? For example if I enter 0232 it will generate the chord diagram and tell me it is G. Does such a thing exist? Thanks for your help.
  4. Ila

SOTU 574 -- "You Gotta Have Heart"

Season 574 – “You Gotta Have Heart” Greetings, fellow Seasonistas, and welcome to week 574. This week’s theme title borrows a line from the 1955 Broadway musical, Damn Yankees, and pretty much says it all. “You gotta have heart, all you really need is heart.” This week, your song must mention...
  5. Ila

Question about Boveda packs

I recently acquired my first wooden uke, and she's a beauty, a Romero Tiny Tenor in solid Koa. I've read that ideally the humidity in the case should be between 40 and 60 percent to prevent cracking and fret sprout, so I bought Boveda packs that are rated for 49%. I have one pack sitting by...
  6. Ila

Season 569 -- DCDC (Three Season Throwback!)

Season 569 -- DCDC (Three Season Throwback!) Greetings, fellow Seasonistas, and welcome to week 569, when I will turn 59. Today we’re going back into ancient history, all the way back to Seasons 18 and 261. Both were hosted by TCK, and were about duets and collaborations, respectively. Buddy...
  7. Ila

Uke stores in Las Vegas?

Hi, all. I'm heading to Las Vegas to meet up with family this weekend. Are there any good uke stores there? I know there's the typical Guitar Center/Sam Ash kind of music stores, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any specialty uke stores in the vicinity. Thanks!
  8. Ila

NUD: Early Birthday Present! Romero Creations Tiny Tenor in Koa

When my husband and I went to an ukelele festival in August, he noticed that I was just about the only person there with a non-wooden ukulele. And while I was happy with my Enya Nova tenor uke, he thought that if I was going to have any decent street cred, I needed a wooden uke. We laughed...
  9. Ila

ELI5 Romero Tiny Tenor Specs?

I'm considering buying a Romero Tiny Tenor, because the reviews are stellar and the price point is manageable compared to the K brands. But I'm confused concerning the specs. I see a description on the Romero website that says "17 inch scale length with 14 frets to the body." Does that mean...
  10. Ila

SOTU 552 -- Am, F, G (or G7), and C ONLY

SOTU 552 – Am, F, G (or G7), and C ONLY Greetings, fellow Seasonistas! I’ve been on my ukulele journey for just shy of a year, and I’ve learned so much in that time. My skills and knowledge have grown significantly. But along the way I came to realize that sometimes songs don’t have to be...
  11. Ila

SOTU 551 -- WINE!

Greetings, fellow Seasonistas! This week’s theme is about wine. Not hard liquor, not beer, just wine. All kinds of wine. Doesn’t matter if it’s red, white, rosé, champagne, something dry, something sweet, or just plain cheap. If the song is about wine, it’s fair game. (“A bottle of white, a...
  12. Ila

SOTU 544 -- Tell the Tale!

Greetings, fellow Seasonistas! This week we are focusing on songs that tell a story. Not in an oblique way of boy meets girl, but rather, an actual tale, like this one: There are storytelling songs in almost every type of music imaginable: folk (“Puff the Magic Dragon”), rock (“Lola”)...
  13. Ila

Long Neck Soprano vs. Concert

I just want to know ... Is a long neck soprano basically an instrument with a soprano body and a concert neck and fretboard? Like a concert and a soprano had a baby together? Is that it?
  14. Ila

Are you going to Uke-Con in San Diego?

UKE-CON is in August in San Diego. I'm going. Anyone else???
  15. Ila

SOTU 537 – “Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned.”

SOTU 537 – “Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned.” Greetings, fellow Seasonistas! The contrast of a happy little instrument like the ukulele playing a vengeful tune is just too rich for words. Therefore, this week’s theme is about angry women who’re fed up, who ain’t gonna take it anymore...
  16. Ila

Song Help Request Just Am, C and F

What are some songs that only use those three chords? I've done some searching online, and the only ones I've come up with are Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars, and Best Day of My Life by American Authors. Thanks in advance for your help.
  17. Ila

SOTU 531 -- Name Dropping

Greetings, fellow Seasonistas! This week’s theme is about songs that mention famous or infamous people in the lyrics. For example, there’s Key Largo (“We had it all. Just like Bogie and Bacall,”) or Mrs. Robinson (“Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?”) or We Didn’t Start the Fire (“Joseph...
  18. Ila

Am I Just Too Uncoordinated to Do This?

Hi. I've been playing for about 7 months. I just started trying to do some Travis fingerpicking on what should be a relatively easy song, "Daniel" by Elton John. I've been practicing for about a couple of hours a day, for nearly a week, and I simply can't coordinate the chord changes with the...
  19. Ila

Questions about restringing

Hi. I've had my first uke for about four months now and today I noticed my A string starting to fray a little. Here are my questions: 1. How often should strings be changed? Every six months? Every year? Ever? 2. If you change strings, do you change them all, or do you only replace...
  20. Ila

Song Help Request Room With a View of the Blues -- Lou Rawls

Hi, people. Having difficulty finding the chords for this song. There's a song with a similar title that he performed, but the one I'm searching for is in this video: Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
Top Bottom