Search results

1. Voran

OMG AI can now do songs. I can't stop laughing

https://suno.com/song/e41dae8b-c2fa-4990-bffa-00b3ba2c1d60/
  2. Voran

There is a junior female chess player named Elnaz Kaliakhmet.

I get a ridiculous kick out of this. What a badass name. Sounds like a 7ft warrior queen from a high fantasy series. I was feeling unmotivated and tired today but knowing someone named Elnaz Kaliakhmet exists has fired me up. Looking forward to seeing her achievements 10 years down the line.
  3. Voran

This visual is so beautiful

I want to visit this building. I know it's not real but I demand that someone construct it haha
  4. Voran

I won a blitz arena!

Just won an online blitz chess tournament of 77 people! I'm shaking from adrenaline. Please be happy and exhilarated with me.
  5. Voran

Blunders, Eight-stringed Ukuleles and Random Winged Insects: Voran's blog

I'm starting another one because I like having somewhere to share my thoughts. I swear I'll keep this one family friendly and avoid any politically charged rants.
  6. Voran

This is my theme song when I play speed chess now.

For anyone who hasn't already seen me excitedly talk about it like a nosepicking child, 'annihilation' is a technique in chess where you capture your opponent's most vital piece that is defending a bunch of other things and just completely destabilize their position. Fairly staple skill for...
  7. Voran

Things that drive me nuts

When I'm playing freaking ULTRABULLET and someone offers a draw. I have 15 seconds to think and you're pulling that crap? If you do this I will come to your workplace and take a dump in the air conditioning
  8. Voran

Someone had either arachnids or mantises on their mind while writing this

Super fun song...shame it's not accurate. Would be nice to run without my skeletal structure utterly wasting energy torquing from side to side.
  9. Voran

I know this is a hymn...

...but there is something very primal and insectile about this piece to me. I imagine an early dragonfly out hunting. Meganeura perhaps.
  10. Voran

I wish I could be this badass

'They say the captain has no crude emotions to control Just iron fist and iron will and iron-banded soul' Just these lines give me an adrenaline rush
  11. Voran

Look at its beautiful eyes

Brandt's cormorant. The concept of gratitude normally makes me want to dump a bucket of piss over someone's head but I must confess I feel privileged to be born on a planet where these exist
  12. Voran

Does anyone recognize this song?

I love the soundtrack to this short chess tactics piece
  13. Voran

Holy crap holy crap holy crap

Look at this mutated crow who's mostly white with black markings I demand everyone be excited about this with me
  14. Voran

A chess site are going to do an article about me.

I'm not giving a whole lot of details because I like to go by 'Voran' rather than my real name...but I'm so proud of myself. Reason: I happened to mention to one of their staff that I gained 300 rating points in bullet chess in the last month after taking their tactics class and they want me...
  15. Voran

Ultrabullet madness yeaaaahhhhh

So I had a protracted ultrabullet chess match with someone the last few hours and I won 52-20. For anyone who doesn't know ultrabullet is an extreme form of speed chess where you each get 15 seconds and whoever runs out of time first loses. I never thought I could be any good at it. All the...
  16. Voran

Other virtual events?

Does anyone know of anything I could participate in other than the weekly zoom open mike? I live in butt-nowhere in a rural area and I just...can't see it being appropriate to go play in the pub. I don't think local people want to hear umpteen songs about eagles, insects or mutant creatures...
  17. Voran

Long U then diphthong then long E... my voice is tired

I have a song with the chorus 'You know your words annihilate me' and for some reason that line utterly tires my voice out. I think it's that those particular vowels are hard to sing without some tension. Any advice? I can do everything else just...fine...O_O
  18. Voran

New song of mine.

I recorded this just now and I think it helped cure me of the excessive nostalgia I sometimes feel over my heavy metal days. I'm still a fan but have limited scope to record or perform any; I have neighbors who are touchy about noise and a medically fragile family member I cannot afford to...
  19. Voran

I wrote a poem for a friend of mine who passed away.

I get that it's self indulgent; she can neither hear it nor read it. I'm not posting this to her old Facebook page because...well...it's written by me. I don't think her family would want to hear about Greek mythology or three headed dogs. That's the only language I can write in but it's not...
  20. Voran

Someone help. PLEASE.

My computer is doing this god damn ridiculous thing where it doesn't recognize the mouse. Resetting the machine works...for about five minutes...then the mouse goes dark again. I can't keep doing that. It takes about 6 hours.
Top Bottom