Search results

1. Voran

Today's Chuckle

2. Voran

A chess site are going to do an article about me.

I think it's that people instinctively think of women as being help personnel. Same reason some men feel we should smile regardless of whether its context-appropriate to smile. Rainy day? Headache? But but SMILE you abrasive bitch! This is about MEEEE and my feelings! And then when we act like...
  3. Voran

I guess children for some are like chess for me...worth powering through the hard parts. Tilt sucks. I would not wish it on anyone. Blundering your queen because you lost concentration for a split second sucks. I push through those things because nothing compares to the power-drunk feeling...
  4. Voran

When I was younger I largely dealt with it via dark humor because I didn't really know what else to do. People usually shut up once I started telling dead baby jokes. And that's healthy and appropriate for a 19 year old...As I get older though I do think its important to speak out about it...
  5. Voran

Ukulele Cosmos

Nope.
  6. Voran

Ukulele Cosmos

Luv UC but have not been able to access it in for ever. Let me try again.
  7. Voran

It's always unsettled me how hard people dogfight about getting me to change my mind. It especially used to bother me when I was younger because what leg did I have to stand on? How can I prove I won't change my mind by 40 or 50? I couldn't really say why though because hey - if people want to...
  8. Voran

Jokes and intentionally dramatized rants aside - I'll just share my thoughts on this. I really don't think they would...because I would have to want those children in the first place. I am good at a few things but caring type activities are just not on that list. I didn't like my niece and...
  9. Voran

Yeah I think being a role model is fine. I just dislike the nurturer status being dumped on me when it's not remotely appropriate. I mean there was a quote of mine about how to 'fire a missile into your opponent's position and destroy it'. Which part of 'missile' and 'destroy' implies childcare?
  10. Voran

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH I am unable to respond as I have morphed into a being of pure rage I am radiating deadly glowing neon blue rays out of my eyeballs Everyone around me in a 500km radius is dead I am annihilation
  11. Voran

Well...the article MIGHT come out soon. I saw the first draft. I'm grateful to them for the skills and opportunities but I am also feeling a bit disillusioned. A large chunk of my points about annihilation got cut...but they found space in the article to talk about teaching a child. I don't...
  12. Voran

Blunders, Eight-stringed Ukuleles and Random Winged Insects: Voran's blog

I've already been working at it since about 15 but my brain is just not wired for some things. That's okay. It's a hobby for fun.
  13. Voran

There's more where she came from and some are indeed seven feet haha. But this is first and foremost a novel about a device meant to keep people awake at work that goes utterly and catastrophically wrong. Nadia is not exactly a superhero so much as a software dev who just also happens to be tall...
  14. Voran

I've taken up creative writing again and this time I'm just going to write what suits me. I enjoy writing fiction but have never been naturally good at it and always struggled translating the visuals in my head to words. I can do songs and small informal articles but trying to wrangle my brain...
  15. Voran

Today's Chuckle

I want to try this. I would laugh so hard.
  16. Voran

Ukuleles, Arthritis and Yours Truly

Too young for arthritis but I HAVE had RSI before...I'll just share a thought in case it comes in useful: might you like to try a super low tension tuning? I ask because I play D Bb C F most of the time and it's super easy to fret. Whereas normal tunings seem to require such brute physical...
  17. Voran

Today's Chuckle

I read the word dodo as do-do lol.
  18. Voran

Also for all that they look ferocious they live entirely on fruit and large nuts.
  19. Voran

I had a fun thing happen today. My computer randomly showed me a little icon of a cassowary. No...seriously. Look at the search bar! Look at its heavy body and rigid crest - that is not a turkey. They're a favorite species of mine despite being flightless. Gotta love and respect a 6ft bird...
  20. Voran

Exactly. Who the hell has adamantium talons or can shoot red lasers out of his eyes? :D
Top Bottom