Search results

1. N

Worst way to wake up

Woke up before my alarm, was feeling good, did one of those good full body stretches while laying in bed....and immediately triggered a massive charley horse in my calf. Scared the crap out of the cat lunging for it and shouting obscenities 😂 It still hurts 😣
  2. N

For Sale Risa Tenor Strat and Harmony Baritone

Risa Tenor Strat - Practically brand new; got it used (one prior owner) a few years ago and just never really bonded with/played it. Steel strings, all electronics function as intended (I can take a video for prospective buyers). Small spot of rust on the washer around the jack but no other...
  3. N

High-end Ukulele Connoisseurs: Who's your favorite builder?

Doesn't have to be one of the high-end luthiers; maybe you've tried a handful and still prefer your Kamaka. I'd classify "high-end" as customs or stock models costing $2k or more. So, who's your favorite? And why is that uke your favorite? What makes one better than the other when at that...
  4. N

Anyone in the Midwest? How's the weather?

Saw a news report that the Midwest is gonna get hit hard with winter storms this week. Perfect timing for me to start my cross-country drive... 🥲 How is everyone, though? Staying warm and cozy I hope?
  5. N

Low G Anybody have an example of a Kamaka HP-1L strung with Low G?

Curious how a longneck pineapple would sound with low G. Was it Herb or Kimo who played soprano with a low G? Anyway, I did a basic search on YouTube but couldn't find anything. Anyone got a video handy or experience with putting Low G on their own longneck pineapple? Thanks.
  6. N

Metal on a ukulele

Hopefully not been posted before; just stumbled across this today.
  7. N

Sold Koaloha Sopranino/Noah Soprano

Hey everyone, I've got a Koaloha Sopranino (Noah Soprano) for sale; TUS described it as a "short-scale Soprano." 12" scale, 12 frets (joins the body at the 12th). Koa body, sapele neck, satin finish. Tuners have been upgraded from Koaloha's friction to Gotoh UPT by the previous owner. I am the...
  8. N

Online privacy and Reddit

I deleted my 12 year old reddit account today. I've been wanting to do it for a while now, because reddit has become increasingly infested with bots, shills, and other nuisances that are tiring to see every day. The final straw today was upon realizing that reddit does not in fact delete...
  9. N

Is it cake?

Dunno if any of you watch this silly show on Netflix. But, one of the contestants made a ukulele cake. She did a pretty good job with the shape, but as someone who stares at ukes all day, the paint job was definitely a tell, as were the tuning pegs. Fun show.
  10. N

Why buy other than Martin?

There seem to be a lot of Martin copies, both in the guitar and ukulele world. I understand buying, say, a Timms; he makes that vintage Martin sound at a fraction of the cost of a vintage Martin uke. But in the guitar world, Martin copies cost more than the Martins themselves. Why go for a...
  11. N

Magic Fluke Timber Bass update

Came across this today: https://magicfluke.com/Timber-Bass--Update_b_13.html They're welcoming input from players if you have any suggestions on improvements to the design.
  12. N

Wanted Pono 12-string

I know this is probably a reeeeeaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy long shot, but if anyone has one of the smaller-bodied Pono 12 strings they're thinking of selling, I'd be interested in purchasing it. Looking to spend around $800 and would fully cover shipping as well. Thanks!
  13. N

100 days of uke challenge?

What's this 100 days of uke challenge I'm seeing on Instagram? Is it just a challenge to post a video of you playing for 100 days in a row? Is there a set of challenges you're supposed to do/complete or just playing at all? Who started it? Any of you participating?
  14. N

Pineapple baritone?

Anyone ever seen or played one? A google search reveals one old UU post. Curious as to why these aren't a thing.
  15. N

Why haven't the Moore Bettahs on Ukulele Friend sold?

Seems odd. Whenever a new one goes up for auction on TUS, the bidding war is insane, with multiple people going back and forth driving the price up. There's been at least one sold on the forum here in the last year. Why haven't those two sold? Shawn at UF is a wonderful dealer, so I'm sure the...
  16. N

Flea or Fluke?

I don't live anywhere where I can go try one out. The Fluke I think looks cooler, but the Flea looks like it might be more comfortable to hold. Thoughts from those of you who have tried both?
  17. N

Anybody tried Pepe's Baby Baritone strings on a long scale tenor?

How did they feel/sound? Thinking about ordering some for my Kamaka HF-3L, but given that it's two inches longer than a standard tenor, wondering how the string tension will feel. Also curious if it would sound better than a regular tenor with those strings...I imagine it'll still pale in...
  18. N

"Dangerously Funky" is right

Dangerous for your UAS...this makes me want to go buy a U-Bass...
  19. N

Anybody played a Bonanza Ranchhand?

Shelley has multiple videos of her playing them, so I have an idea of the sound, but how do they feel to play? I do tend to enjoy thinlines, but I've never seen anything that thin before! I'm intrigued. What are your thoughts?
  20. N

Selling question

Please let me know if this thread belongs in a different forum and I'll move it. Where have you had the best luck with sales? I've never had a bad experience selling on UU; it's nice to just have a person-to-person transaction with no added fees or third party taking a cut. However, Reverb is a...
Top Bottom