Search results

1. jtsteam

Season 616: December Will Be Magic Again

Hello! It's December again! How did that happen? Must be some kind of sorcery. I suppose Kate Bush did warn us. Anyway. Keeping it simple this week. I'm looking for songs about magic, by which I mean songs that include the word "magic" or one of its derivatives (e.g. magic, magician, etc) in...
  2. jtsteam

New Uke Day (NUD) Baton Rouge V2-T6

I thought I should post this action shot of me on my sofa doing what I've been doing for rather a lot of today. So basically, what happened was that a few weeks ago I went to Carlisle to visit Matt at World of Ukes with the intention of buying a nice warm sounding tenor, with a budget of about...
  3. jtsteam

What are the Seasons of the Ukulele? And other FAQs with answers

What are the Seasons of the Ukulele? The Seasons of the Ukulele are weekly themed challenges, inviting forum members to post a video of themselves playing the ukulele, and for everyone else to listen, enjoy, and provide feedback and encouragement. How does it work? Every week, on Saturday...
  4. jtsteam

Don't send your parcel with Evri...

So, I sold a ukulele last week on ebay. It was a tenor Makala that just hadn't been getting any love from me so I thought I should find a more welcoming home for it. And someone bought it, hooray! But then it got destroyed by Evri on the way to its new home. I should really have known better...
  5. jtsteam

Season 596: There are more questions than answers

Before I start, if you're new to the Seasons, welcome! If you want to know what this is all about, you can find some frequently asked questions with answers here (still a draft though). Now, I'm sure this or something like it must have been done before, but not while I've been around, so, let's...
  6. jtsteam

No longer available Snail SUC-M3 Concert Ukulele All Solid Mahogany

I've been buying ukuleles, so I'm starting to sell some to make room in both my cupboards and my wallet. This is an all solid mahogancy Snail concert ukulele. I've had it a couple of years, and it's been played a fair bit, but realistically it turns out I prefer the tenor scale and a new tenor...
  7. jtsteam

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD: Enya EUT-MAD

I ventured across the border to England today, but only just, to visit Matt at World of Ukes in Carlisle. I came back with this rather lovely thing, an Enya EUT-MAD solid mahogany tenor. I have managed to stop playing it long enough to take a picture and post it here :). I was looking for a...
  8. jtsteam

Seasonista Techie Thread

Over in Season 593 I suggested it might be worth a thread for Seasonistas to share their processes for recording sound and videos, especially those with multitracking, overlaid videos, and so on. A couple of people gave it a vote of confidence, so here we go... An important thing before we get...
  9. jtsteam

No longer available Risa Tenor Electro Ukulele Uke Solid Stick

I bought this at the end of 2021, and played it for a bit, but since then it hasn't really been getting much use, and is sadly now neglected in favour of my Flight Pathfinder. An unplayed ukulele is a sad ukulele, so i thought I'd see if anyone here wanted it before I try elsewhere. And anyway...
  10. jtsteam

Season 586: Untitled

I like to come up with some contrived explanation of a theme and how it came about. Not this time though. The idea is simple: you can post any song you like, under one condition: The title must not appear anywhere in the lyrics Some well known examples are: Bohemian Rhapsody, Subterranean...
  11. jtsteam

Season 568: Same procedure as last year?

The same procedure as every year, James! Some of you may be familiar with the classic Freddie Frinton and May Warden sketch "Dinner For One". You'll find variations with a youtube search, for example here's one: . However, my favourite version is the one recorded for German TV (the bulk of it...
  12. jtsteam

Season 549: Paperback Writers

We all love music, of course, but there's plenty of other art forms and means of entertainment. For example, it's nice to get lost in a good book once in a while. So, this week, I'd like to combine the two, and hear your songs about books and reading or writing them. This means you could post...
  13. jtsteam

Burning Issues

I was just playing around with Bandcamp and discovered it's remarkably easy to release an album or an EP. So, I did. I mean, "release an EP" is a rather grand phrase for "put some nerdy folk songs on the internet", but it is at least a touch shorter. Anyway, here it is...
  14. jtsteam

Season 532: All aboard!

*bing bong* The train now approaching Platform 1 is Season 532. I like to travel by train. It's a pleasant way to get around, at least when you're not held up for two hours by a signal failure at Haymarket. Also there is a certain romance to railways and railway stations that you just don't get...
  15. jtsteam

Season 513: The Periodic Table

I've been digging through the history of themes in the hope of finding something that hasn't been done before. Seems there haven't been all that many sciencey themes, which is good news for a nerd like me as it gives me plenty of possibilities... Anyway, this week, I'd like to hear songs which...
  16. jtsteam

Season 498: We Will Mend It

Before we start, I realise that some people will be seeing these Seasons threads go by and wondering what on earth they're all about. So, just to start: everyone is welcome to join in! The basic idea is that every week someone picks a theme, then everyone records and posts some songs to youtube...
  17. jtsteam

Season 484: On This Day

It's often fun to look at historical anniversaries. "On this day" columns are common in newspapers and magazines, and I used to go to a pub quiz that always had an "On this day" round so we used to be sure to skim the wikipedia page of historical events before heading out. Not that it ever...
  18. jtsteam

Season 467 - Out of This World

Commencing countdown, engines on. As you've no doubt noticed, Planet Earth is not a great place to be at the moment. So, for this week's theme, let's imagine what it would be like to be literally anywhere else. Please bring us a song - either a cover, or one of your own - about anything you...
  19. jtsteam

Here are the hosts for upcoming Seasons of the Ukulele. If you're keen to host, but haven't had a chance to sign up yet, Seasons needing hosts are listed below with no name next to them. Just reply to the end of this thread and I will add you. Guidelines and tips are below the list of upcoming...
  20. jtsteam

Hi from Scotland!

Hi everyone from Scotland! I've been lurking here a bit so thought I should say hello. I decided to have a go at ukulele this summer to keep myself occupied in the evenings. I've dabbled in music a bit before, though never especially seriously, but this is the most fun I've had with a new hobby...
Top Bottom