Search results

1. Jeanpaul

Wanted Ko’olau Mahana All Plain Tenor ukulele strings

Aloha, Folks! These strings have been out of stock on HMS website for quite some time. Any chance someone coincidentally had an inventory to spare? Mahalo, Jean
  2. Jeanpaul

Traded Kanile’a Willie K.

Aloha, guys! Up for sale is my recently acquired Kanile’a Willie K. It’s in great condition, mostly near mint. Looks beautiful and sounds sweet. It has a mi-si pickup installed professionally by the store. No dings or dents or scratches I could tell. I bought it used from a local uke store last...
  3. Jeanpaul

Acquired 5-strings tenor Kanile’a prefered

Aloha, Folks! Want a nice used 5 stringed tenor, better in koa, others considered. Please shoot!
  4. Jeanpaul

Wanted Used Fire-eye Red-eye DI or Red-eye twin

As said in the title, want to find a used one. Thanks!
  5. Jeanpaul

What pickup do you use on the sopranos?

Hi, folks! I want to use some soprano size ukes when playing and singing on the street, but all mine are acoustic. So what would be your choices? How do you like LR baggs five.O on a soprano? Thanks, Jean
  6. Jeanpaul

No longer available Collings Tenor Ukulele with highly Figured Mahogany

Aloha! I acquired this beauty early this year from a main local Guitar dealer, I thought it would be my perfect mahogany player. But it turned out that I don't want to leave any marks on it, because it is in very very near mint condition, I couldn't even find a finger print on the fretboard...
  7. Jeanpaul

D’Addarrio pro arte EJ53

I didn’t realize they have change the 3rd string to a wound Aluminium. Where could I find the older all black nylons for sale? I like that feel and sound. Any inputs would be welcomed. Jean
  8. Jeanpaul

Price Drop Anuenue Moonbird UT200

I'm lucky to have the chance to get a great Ono 18'' Wahoo tenor, from a true gentleman on this forum. The Ono is already on its way here. Thanks Ken! And thanks Uu! (I have sold the kamaka hf3L recently, so I deleted its pics when editing the thread this time.) Thus the 2022 Anuenue Moonbird...
  9. Jeanpaul

Has pono ever used Brazilian rosewood on pro classic series?

Hi, guys! Just saw an ads on the fleamarket, the seller write this: Pono RTSH(S)PC Solid Rosewood Tenor This is a Pono ProClassic (SN#130925) made before the ban on Brazilian Rosewood. It's in great condition, just a few small dings in the Spruce top. Comes with nice hard shell case. $825...
  10. Jeanpaul

WTB: KTM-25

Aloha, guys! Need a koaloha ktm25, better be mint. Anyone has one to let go? Mahalo! Jean
  11. Jeanpaul

What wood is this?

Aloha, luthier masters! I came across this Ko'olau cs on Reverb. The seller says it's koa b/s and he did call the tel number on Ko'lau website to get this answer. However, I don't think a Ko'olau cs tenor would use koa like this grade. Then I dialed that number again, and got exactly the same...
  12. Jeanpaul

Question about tuning

Hi, Guys! Recently I got some problem when talking with a friend, we both know little about music theory. My confusing question is, when we say we need, for example, C-tuning, or Bb-tuning, to play the song, the X-tuning here means we need to tune the 3rd string to that key, right? What if on a...
  13. Jeanpaul

FS/Trade Final price drop $650 shipped Kiwaya KTT-2S

Aloha, guys! Selling my used kiwaya ktt2s in good condition. All solid mahagony tenor, 17' scale and joint at the 14th fret. Great playablity and sound. Have some dings and dents, but no cracks or repairments. Play time is limitied. I'm not sure about the market price because not many on sale...
  14. Jeanpaul

Wanted: godin multiuke / blackbird farallon

Hi, guys! Recently I've reveived good advices from my kind neighbours that I should try some "mute" ukes. Since I decide to follow their instructions, does anyone have a well-used godin multiuke to let go? As long as it does not sound so loud and clear, that'll be ok for me, because it was not...
  15. Jeanpaul

Fs: 2018 aNueNue moonbird Ut200

Aloha, guys! For sale is excellent condition moonbird Ut200. The minor blemishes are shown in photos. Bought from local distributor in 2018. Acoustic. Action Between 2.5-2.75 at the 12th fret. Great sounding with sustain and playability. Also looking to trade for a blackbird farallon/clara or...
  16. Jeanpaul

WTB/T: Blackbird ukulele

Updating I've recently got back my Ut200, and kept the Uc200 meanwhile. Together with the tiny tenor, I have 3 ukes for trade right now. Pics added for the moonbird Ut200. Minor blemish and dent circled out. Pics of TT and Uc200 woulded be added soon. I'm a near mint member here, although...
Top Bottom