Search results

1. Luke Plays Uke

If I Killed Someone For You

I asked my oldest if they wanted to help me with this song and they said they would. It was a great way to spend the morning running takes until we did one we were both comfortable with. I hope you enjoy!
  2. Luke Plays Uke

I Was An Island

Firstly, I want to say that, if you have not heard of John-Allison Weiss, you should check them out. They’re a serious talent that deserves attention. Secondly, the original at surpasses this humble cover. That said, here’s my cover of Weiss’ “I Was An Island.” My wife had been trying out new...
  3. Luke Plays Uke

Sway

Here’s my cover of Sway. I slightly modified Ukulele Nick’s arrangement to fill some spaces but I’ve been wanting to play this song for years so I’m stoked to finally know it!
  4. Luke Plays Uke

Christmas Concert 2021

The Short Concert I recorded a little mini-concert last year while in a hotel halfway across the world mostly as a way to fill my time and distract myself from the creeping depression of being away from home during the holidays. But it was a unique challenge to pull off three songs without...
  5. Luke Plays Uke

Hallelujah (Fingerstyle)

I’ve always liked this song and wanted to learn it and then Ten Thumbs put out an arrangement on it and I couldn’t resist. It was definitely the toughest piece I’ve tackled so far and since our discussion on songs we aren’t excited to play or hear in the ukulele world a few weeks ago, I’m a...
  6. Luke Plays Uke

The Wind Beneath My Wings

Aloha! Please enjoy my arrangement of Bette Midler’s “Wind Beneath My Wings.” I’ve always liked the melody and... soaring (see what I did there?) chorus, but I’m not a super huge fan of the lyrics. That’s okay, though, because I don’t need any more reasons not to sing. ;-) Anyway, I hope you...
  7. Luke Plays Uke

Autumn Leaves

I’m pretty big into jazz and saw a guy once say that everything you need to know about jazz is in Autumn Leaves. I can’t speak to that, though. While my process is deciding standard notation, moving it to the ukulele neck and figuring out where which chords go to make it sound more full and be...
Top Bottom