Search results

1. Luke Plays Uke

Why Do You Read Books?

I read whatever sounds interesting. I enjoy books on other cultures and I like historical biographies. I don’t particularly enjoy historical fiction because a lot of people take too much as factual. (This was my biggest complaint when The Greatest Showman came out and everyone was suddenly an...
  2. Luke Plays Uke

what are you reading?

I recently finished Batman: Damned. It was pretty dark, even for a Batman story and exists out of DC continuity. Some characters are treated differently, with different abilities (Deadman can only possess people for a short time, for instance) but it was good. It had a hell of a twist and I...
  3. Luke Plays Uke

TUS Clips

You might be able to just click the bell. When you subscribe, notifications are turned on by default and you need to turn them off if you don’t want them.
  4. Luke Plays Uke

TUS Clips

If you have a gmail account, you already have a YouTube account - you just need to sign in with the same password. For you, subscribing means less hunting for videos or missing any new ones. YouTube will recommend videos, but it’s easier to subscribe and just go to your subscriptions screen...
  5. Luke Plays Uke

Better Remembered?

I enjoy the occasional pipe. Way more aromatic than cigars.
  6. Luke Plays Uke

what are you reading?

I’m glad you liked it!
  7. Luke Plays Uke

what are you reading?

His other books are pretty good, too. I remember one of his bit books was the first “adult,” book I ever read and I laughed throughout it all.
  8. Luke Plays Uke

what are you reading?

I love literature like this because people can pull all sorts of stuff out of it and I had never thought of that! I thought the theme of the book was learned helplessness and the perils of martyrdom. Gregor gives up being happy (when he was a soldier) to take care of his family and they the...
  9. Luke Plays Uke

Pono Tenors?

Yeah, I wouldn’t worry about it. ;-)
  10. Luke Plays Uke

In Progress Dark theme

A dark mode would definitely be welcome.
  11. Luke Plays Uke

what are you reading?

I’m a big fan of The Screwtape Letters. I feel like people get excited about the idea that it’s a CS Lewis book about Christianity and miss that it’s a pretty harsh critique over the pitfalls of religious-adjacent things (the pageantry or getting hung up on the drama of the congregation) rather...
  12. Luke Plays Uke

Pono Tenors?

I’m sure it’s going to be great. I’m excited to start recording videos with it whenever it comes!
  13. Luke Plays Uke

what are you reading?

My wife collects Sherlock Holmes pastiches and I try to find Holmes books in other written languages whenever I’m somewhere that that’s a thing. She has a fun collection of French, German, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and… want to say Indian but can’t remember for certain (it’s been a few years)...
  14. Luke Plays Uke

Pono Tenors?

Thank you for the kind words! I had been after the mahogany/spruce for a couple of years and a good soul on here eventually offered one up when I had the money to get it. I loved it so much that it made me think I was done looking for my go-to tenor with the GIANT exception being fulfilling a...
  15. Luke Plays Uke

Pono Tenors?

It’s one of my favorites!
  16. Luke Plays Uke

what are you reading?

I read that this year! PLEASE let me know your thoughts when you finish it because that was a book that stuck with me for a while after I finished it!
  17. Luke Plays Uke

Pono Tenors?

I’ve had three Pono tenors and the only one I didn’t get along with was a rosewood/cedar. I still have an ebony/cedar and a mahogany/spruce and these are both great ukuleles for fingerstyle. I like the balance of the mahogany a little more - particularly when you add strums to it, but the ebony...
  18. Luke Plays Uke

Best book for learning to read music on ukulele

Alfred’s Ukulele for Kids
  19. Luke Plays Uke

What is your ukulele "batting average"?

I bought 13 and sold one. Normally I’m not one to get rid of instruments, but I just could NOT bond with that one uke no matter how much I adjusted the action, changed the strings, etc.
Top Bottom