Search results

1. Cadia

Arm bevels?

I like them. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but if I like the look if the uke with the bevel then it's a nice plus.
  2. Cadia

New Uke Day (NUD) I could not resist this one

Well that's one cool looking uke! I'd probably buy it too, if only for the unique factor. Enjoy!
  3. Cadia

New Uke Day (NUD) Belated NUD, Pono MBSH-MS

That's a beautiful uke. Enjoy!
  4. Cadia

Sold Pono MTDC-SP Tenor for sale

The price, with shipping included, is almost a steal, Someone (nudge, nudge) needs to grab this.
  5. Cadia

Sold Pono MTDC-SP Tenor for sale

Great price! Where are all those peeps who come on looking for a solid wood uke for $300? This one would make someone pretty happy. Good luck with sale!
  6. Cadia

Uke design pet peeves

I agree. I also hate sharp edges on the nut, particularly the lower edge. I dislike those big Fender headstocks, and the gaudy signature ukes that are only fair-ish to play (looking at you, Fender). Don't like oversized slotted headstocks, nor Aquila strings on a high end uke. I do like bling...
  7. Cadia

Strap Button Question

In my opinion, no.
  8. Cadia

Sold aNueNue AMM3 Tenor

These really do have a wonderful smell. Besides sounding really good.
  9. Cadia

New Uke Day (NUD) aNueNue US3K soprano!

ANueNue makes quality ukes for sure!
  10. Cadia

Purchased Master Series baritone, not here yet but will be soon.

It's common to second guess yourself while waiting for a uke to arrive, especially from TUS because it is a longer wait (but so worth it!). I've used that Affirm financing for several ukes. It's worked out very well. Making monthly payments that I can afford is just so much more doable for me...
  11. Cadia

New Uke Day (NUD) aNueNue US3K soprano!

Congrats! It sounds like you are a confirmed ukulele player, is all. It's lovely. Enjoy!
  12. Cadia

Different Woods For Uke Top or Sound Board?

My favorite combo for tone in a tenor seems to be spruce/rosewood. You can listen to an aNueNue Moonbird, or a Petros made of these woods for why. I have ukes in koa, mahogany, myrtle, cedar, acacia, cocobolo, mango, maple. And I honestly do love the sound of these other tonewoods too. Each of...
  13. Cadia

From Dolphin to Kanile'a

How wonderful for her! That's a big upgrade! I marvel at her willpower, just owning one for so long.
  14. Cadia

What's your dream ukulele spec ?

I love Rebels! I have a Pluto and a Double Cheese. The Double Cheese was my first really good uke. I would love to have a Rebel mango tenor.
  15. Cadia

Songs you've discovered because of the uke

Honoka and Azita's Bodysurfing comes immediately to mind. Not that I can play it, lol. And lots of oldies in Daily Ukulele that I CAN play. Songs like Loch Lomond have been beautifully done by modern vocalists, as have many old classic tunes that I wasn't really familiar with. And I love just...
  16. Cadia

What's your least favorite Beatles song?

Ohhh, I love Within You and Without You! Revolution Number 9 is one of my least favorites. Run For Your Life has to have some of the most disturbing lyrics by today's standards. But the tune itself is great.
  17. Cadia

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD - Koaloha Wagara Red Label Concert (PO Cedar/ Walnut)

That is gorgeous! That's why I rarely look at TUS these days. Too many temptations. 🤪
  18. Cadia

'Holy Grail' of Ukuleles

I think a Moore Bettah would qualify as a Holy Grail to many of us. I'll add Petros and LFDM as my own personal Holy Grails. Editing to add, a uke made from 'The Tree'. https://www.stewmac.com/video-and-ideas/online-resources/reference/the-tree-the-most-notorious-tonewood-in-the-world/
  19. Cadia

Help with first major purchase (500-800$, Tenor, low G)

The aNueNue AMM3, one of my favorites. I also I second the idea of finding a lightly used Kala Elite (made in Petaluma, CA). I have seen them sometimes offered below $800. For the AMM3, I believe The Ukulele Site has one left. They go fast. Best uke dealer out there!
Top Bottom