Search results

1. richntacoma

Sold SOLD 1950s Kamaka gold label soprano, Jake Wildwood restored!

For sale is a 1950s Kamaka gold label soprano. It is fantastic. Frankly, I am not going to write much about this, as this was repaired/restored by Jake Wildwood for me, and on his video, you can read everything you would want to know about the uke, listen to the sound samples, and just take it...
  2. richntacoma

No longer available Another reduction, now $450 Martin 0 soprano, circa 1946-1956

. Up for sale is a nice condition Martin 0 soprano, circa 1946-1956. I deduced its age based on when I was thinking of buying this uke here from feedback from others who are in the know . It is very nice, and a bit different than many Martin 0 in that it is a bit lighter wood. It plays very...
  3. richntacoma

Strings for Sprurce Top Soprano

Hey all, I have not been super big into experimenting with strings, so I am appealing to you experts. I have a Talsma spruce top soprano that is by far my best playing uke. I love how it feels, and looks. But, I don't love the bright spruce tone. What strings would be most impactful in...
  4. richntacoma

UAS Cured---Enjoying Uke Much More

First, this is not a critique of anybody else, nor a discussion of what anyone "should do". This is just about my sharing a moment in my journey. A while ago, there was a discussion (it does not matter which one, again, this is not about judging anyone else) that really made me personally...
  5. richntacoma

Talsma Appreciation Discussion

Well, we have there for several builders, so I wanted to start an appreciate thread for the work of Dave Talsma. For those who do not know his work, he has been making innovative, creative, and amazingly playable ukes for over 20 years. His ukes are played by Grammy award winning artists, jazz...
  6. richntacoma

Our rationalizations/ UAS self talk

Today's...."Every soprano player SHOULD have a Martin."
  7. richntacoma

Wound Care, my new book of essays/flash essays is out!

Do you like creative nonfiction? Memoir? Want to laugh and cry? I would be honored if you would check out my new book of essays. Mostly flash nonfiction--short short short stories. Below is a description and the blubs. Link to Wound Care Anyone who has been wounded will resonate deeply with...
  8. richntacoma

Exploring 100 year old (your) ukes

In another discussion, someone commented on how cool it would be if we posted pictures (and discussed, says I) our 100 year old ukes. Here is my 1920 Weymann enjoying being played around Colombia. It goes back to South America for a couple of months in about four weeks!
  9. richntacoma

SOLD...David Hanson Cripple Creek Red Cedar/Koa Soprano F/S

For sale, 2021 David Hanson, Cripple Creek, soprano ukulele. Red Cedar Top, Koa back and sides, mesquite fretboard. 13 3/4" scale with a 1 1/2" nut. Nice deep 2 1/2" body at the tail. Grover tuners. This is actually an amazing uke, if you like a bit of a thicker, fatter neck, and more spacing...
  10. richntacoma

SOLD-Ulu (Breadfruit) Style 2 Soprano, Brad Donaldson_SOLD

For sale, a 2021 Brad Donaldson Ulu Style 2 Soprano. Gotoh UPT, and Ulu top, back and sides. Ulu is breadfruit, and it seems hard to get really good sets that are big enough for instruments. This set was purchased from Pegasus Guitars, and is super sweet. This has a radius fretboard. It has a...
  11. richntacoma

The Gibson/Gibson General Info Thread

Given some interest in Gibson ukes on a sales thread, I thought I would start a general discussion thread here. Of course, I had to go into reverb to start checking them out. A nice style one by a dealer/repair shop with good reviews Ed also posted a good article on Gibson Ukes that I thought...
  12. richntacoma

Sold!!!!aNueNue Moon Bird Soprano

Well, not even a month ago I purchased, impulsively, this lovely uke. UAS at its finest--now it is your turn! ;) Here is what was stated in the original ad--only weeks ago: "For sale is a aNueNue Moon Bird Soprano purchased in 2021 from HMS with full set up. Made with Swiss Moon Spruce on...
  13. richntacoma

Measurement differences between G and A strings

Looking at a uke (soprano), and asked the measurement at the 12th fret. (I like action low) These are the numbers I was given (in inches). Bass side .110 ,4.32 Treble .100, 3.32 Is it normal to have differences in the action/measurement between the strings, and if so, any thoughts on this...
  14. richntacoma

OFF MARKET 1970s/80s Kamaka White Label Soprano,

Kamaka White Label 1970/1980s. As you will see from the pictures, this is a super pretty Koa uke. Great shape for its age—the lightest strum marks only that are not visible on photos. Glad to show by video chat--this is sweet!. The Koa has that amazing holograph effect that you can often see on...
  15. richntacoma

All Ukulele Vendors Are Awesome!!!!!

All ukulele vendors are fantastic!! Every one of them. I mean, each of them only sell perfect ukes, never with imperfections, always with perfect intonation, and only with the most lovely wood imaginable. The setups are always perfect, and costumer service is always brilliant. Packing--never an...
  16. richntacoma

Kala Elite: No More Sopranos

I really love the sound of my Kala Elite Doghair Soprano, big, resonant, sweet and a wee big of that hog' gangly. It just feels good (although, I am starting to think that radius fretboards are the way for me, but I digress). Looking around at what Kala is making in their Petaluma shop, I...
  17. richntacoma

No longer available No Longer for sale.... Talsma Spruce and Walnut Ditson Soprano

I have bought too many ukes, and there is one more I want. I also just reviewed another Talsma uke For sale a 2021 Dave Talsma Ditson style Soprano. Engelmann Spruce Top, super pretty and Walnut back and sides. The binding and the headstock are maple. Super nice rosette. 12% radius fretboard...
  18. richntacoma

My New Book: Poetry as Therapy, Research and Education

Dear Friends, As many of you are into the expressive/creative arts, I want to share that my latest book (number 18?), Poetry as Research, Therapy and Education: Selected Works of Rich Furman was just released. I am super honored to have published this book, although, I think I may be too young...
  19. richntacoma

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT Amazing Myrtle Brad Donaldson Martin Style 3 Soprano

For sale, an amazing custom Brad Donaldson Martin Style 3 Soprano of incredible, wild patterned Myrtle. Made in 2020, this custom uke has peghead tuners, low action, and is amazingly playable. The sound of Myrtle on this uke is somewhere between Mahogany and Koa--it is really nice. So why am I...
  20. richntacoma

SOLD: Near Mint 1950s Martin Style 2..

SOLD SOLD SOLDI have only owned this about three months or less. I bought it from the second owner who described the uke very, very well! "It’s in genuine mint condition—no cracks (repaired or otherwise), scratches, scuffs, finish checking, or dings. Top is perfectly flat, and no fret board...
Top Bottom