Search results

1. F

Sold Spruce and Figured maple lattice braced Tenor

I think this is absolutely beautiful and I have clicked on your post several times to look at it. The price is incredible, too! Like others here, I have too many ukuleles at the moment :( and not enough time to play them. I also really liked the last one you made and posted on this board...
  2. F

Fat White Strings

The nylguts and super nylguts are really good for sliding - in my experience, they are consistent and louder for sliding than fluorocarbons, maybe because they are fatter. I have a luthier-made spruce-top tenor that came to me with nylguts and it sounded wonderful. When it finally came time to...
  3. F

Successful ear surgery for hearing

Thank you so much for this posting. I'd never heard of Otosclerosis. Your description of the condition, procedure, and your attitude toward it were all written so concisely and with a refreshingly light frankness (I'm not describing it properly right now!). It was pleasant to read!! I'm only...
  4. F

Dusting off my collection

I need to do this, too. End of last year, I did bring a different one every week with me to school to show to my new ukulele student and to give each of the ukus a little love. It's helpful for them to see/hear/try different sizes, strings, necks, and tone woods, and I can give them a little...
  5. F

Sold Kamaka White Label Tenor Ukulele

Hi! I just sent you a PM.
  6. F

New Uke Day (NUD) The L'uke

My friend is the person who bought Tukanu's other lutulele that was originally listed back in April?. I'd fawned over it for months and thought about buying it, but had already bought too many ukuleles last year. Then my friend told me she wanted another one and now I get to live vicariously...
  7. F

Sold Cuckoo for Coconuts

oh my god it's magical!
  8. F

For Trade For Trade: 4 Packs of Aquila Tenor Strings - 2 Lava/2 Regular

Hi, that's perfectly ok with me, thanks for posting this. I'll send you a PM.
  9. F

Please, somebody buy this

I wonder what happened to Ann. I've never before seen an inside label inscribed with the name of it's presumed owner.
  10. F

For Trade For Trade: 4 Packs of Aquila Tenor Strings - 2 Lava/2 Regular

Hi! I have a set of Worth Brown BT 63 strings for tenor, high-G. As you might know, Worth strings are sold as double length (enough for 2 ukuleles), so this is an open pack and I've used half of the length to string up another ukulele already. There's plenty left - the shortest string is the...
  11. F

Can you play only on the fretboard?

Yeah, I reacted to this the same way as Rusty and Bill Sheehan. Perhaps her delivery of this message was done well, though? Looking for a positive here - maybe she was trying to be helpful. Anyway, in the fingerstyle guitar world, there are many talented folks who play this way, except they...
  12. F

Overcoming an aversion to sharing

👏👏👏 The first "embarrassment" is probably the worst one and the hardest one. And, while you're packing for your escape to the hills, everyone else is probably thinking "yes! This is a great start and it only gets better from here!" I have to perform with my students sometimes and I don't...
  13. F

NUD: Guild Baritone Uke

Very beautiful. Can you describe how the neck feels shape-wise and playing-wise?
  14. F

[Claimed] Free Metronomes (Korg TM-60)

Oh wow, awesome! Off to the PM...
  15. F

Also, I'm happy to send you info on my school. I'm not sure how public I want to be with my identifying info. Our enrollment now is even greater than right before the pandemic. 350-400 students, I believe.
  16. F

Gosh, do you have any takers yet? I live and teach in Los Angeles. I teach for a non-profit music school in Boyle Heights, which will be celebrating 110 years in 2024. We provide low-cost high quality music instruction because we believe that everybody deserves access to music in their lives...
  17. F

I actually thought it would go for more than that! Thanks for the update - I had to work and wasn't able to watch it in real time at the end of the auction.
  18. F

Ukulele tab and notation software

I use MuseScore, too. It's incredibly powerful software that is still free, thank goodness. It's not magic, though. When inputting your tunes methodically note by note, you should know the rules of music editing if you want it to look pro (ties, slurs, etc). This is really important if you...
  19. F

For some excitement, we should set a reminder alarm to watch/refresh the bidding during the final few minutes.
  20. F

Sold Two Silvertone Soprano Ukuleles (Free to a good home)

Those look so cool! The big button, too. Can't wait to hear who takes you up on this generous offer! I work with kids and adults in a low-income under-served area, but we're good with our ukulele supply right now.
Top Bottom