Search results

1. DelGriff

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx Welcome one and all to the 634th Season Of The Ukulele! I have laryngitis. I haven’t been able to talk for a week. Even worse, I haven’t been able to sing for a week. And horrible though it is, it has at least made me appreciate everything my larynx (also known as...
  2. DelGriff

Season 624 - My Hero/es

Season 624 - My Hero/es Welcome one and all to the 624th Season Of The Ukulele! We all have heroes in this life. People we respect, admire, maybe even aspire to emulate. So, this week… I would like you to nominate your own favourite musical hero in your first post, and then please bring up...
  3. DelGriff

Season 600 - Seasons And Seasonings

Season 600 - Seasons And Seasonings It’s the 600th Season Of The Ukulele, folks! That’s quite a landmark, and one that all Seasonistas, past and present, should be proud of reaching! So let’s celebrate the Seasons Of The Ukulele, and let’s celebrate the seasons of the year too - read on… I...
  4. DelGriff

Season 583 - Hit Me… Again!

Season 583 - Hit Me… Again! Hi Everyone :) Firstly, my apologies to all you sado-masochists out there - the theme isn’t quite what you might be expecting from the title! 😉 One of my earliest and most enjoyable stints as host was for Season 359, and called “Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick” (a...
  5. DelGriff

Season 567 - Songs From The Back Burner

Season 567 - Songs From The Back Burner Happy Christmas to you all! My gift to you this week is the opportunity to play and sing those songs that you’ve been meaning to bring to a season, but the plan has never quite come to fruition. This may be because it hasn’t quite fitted any of the...
  6. DelGriff

Season 555 - The Number ‘5’ And The Letter ‘E’

Evening all! Season 555 - The Number ‘5’ And The Letter ‘E’ Seasonista Street is brought to you today by the number ‘5’ and the letter ‘E’. 111 weeks ago, Ylle (Kolibri Uker) hosted Season 444, and we had to choose songs containing the number ‘4’ in the lyrics/title. 111 weeks before that...
  7. DelGriff

Season 542 - Lessons Learned

Evening all! :) Season 542 - Lessons Learned We are approaching, or in some cases have reached, the end of another academic year. So, what better time could there be to pay homage to all of the amazing teachers out there? Those who dedicate their working lives to the education of others -...
  8. DelGriff

Season 530 - ‘Brothers And Sisters And Keep On Running’

Hello everybody! Welcome to Season 530 - ‘Brothers And Sisters And Keep On Running’! The main theme this week is very personal to me. My youngest brother, Alan, was diagnosed with cancer of the lower jawbone and gum towards the end of last year. He’s never been a smoker or a heavy drinker, and...
  9. DelGriff

Season 515 - ‘Change’

Evening all - and a Happy Christmas to you! So we’re heading into a new year in the course of this Season. And sometimes a new year can usher in changes to your life that you never anticipated in a million years. It happened to me in the year just gone. Change can be good, change can be bad -...
  10. DelGriff

Post your own best Seasons performance of 2021

I started a thread like this at the end of 2020, 2019 and 2018, and it worked really well. All each of us needs to do here is select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we did this year of which we are the most proud. Should make for another wonderful collection of top-notch...
  11. DelGriff

Season 509 - ‘Water, water everywhere…’

Season 509 - Water, water everywhere… A nice, simple theme this week, folks - water. Please perform any song with any connection in the lyrics or the title to water in any of its forms. And I’d love you to tell me in your posts why you’ve chosen the songs that you have. Some may recognise this...
  12. DelGriff

Season 485 - 7 D in a W

Season 485 - 7 D in a W Hi everyone An ever so slightly cryptic title for this week’s theme - you may remember these number/word puzzles were all the rage a while back. The answer to this one is 7 Days in a Week, which may give you an idea of this week’s theme as well as the duration of this...
  13. DelGriff

Season 478 - High & Low & Underground

Welcome to Season 478 of the Ukulele! I am co-hosting this week with my friend and musical collaborator, Lynda - aka BirdsEyeViewOfMyUke. And it’s a theme of two halves. My half is ‘High & Low’ - Lynda will post separately about her half. So - I’m basically after songs that explore the...
  14. DelGriff

Season 462 - Dare To Be Different - like Charley B

Season 462 - Dare To Be Different - like Charley B So, I’m a bit boring. I’ve always been a bit boring. I follow the rules. I conform. I never had a detention at school. I’ve always had a sensible haircut, never had any piercings or tattoos and I’ve always worn sensible shoes. I’ve never had a...
  15. DelGriff

Post your own best Seasons performance of 2020

I started a thread like this at the end of last year and of the year before, and it worked really well. All each of us needs to do here is select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we did this year of which we are the most proud. Should make for another wonderful collection of...
  16. DelGriff

Should a host be allowed to end a season on Saturday instead of Sunday?

There have been several discussions on this in the 2 years I joined the Seasons. As a host I find the second overlapping Sunday rather demoralising as everyone understandably turns their attention and their enthusiasm to the new theme. There’s often only a small trickle of entries and it’s time...
  17. DelGriff

Season 434 - 'Groundhog Year'

SEASON 434 - GROUNDHOG YEAR Good morning, afternoon and evening everybody! So… last July Lynda (bird’s eye view of my ukulele) and I co-hosted Season 388 together, and had a blast doing it. And now we’ve decided to have another go in the hope that you all might enjoy it too this time! ;-) Now...
  18. DelGriff

Season 424 - ‘On The Spectrum’

Season 424 - On The Spectrum All details in the vid - hopefully! :) And this might help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum Have fun! :) Playlist
  19. DelGriff

Post your own best Seasons performance of 2019

i started a thread like this at the end of last year and it worked really well. All each of us needs to do here is select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we did this year of which we are the most proud. Should make for another wonderful collection of top-notch performances...
  20. DelGriff

An original

Hi all - I don't often post in this sub-forum, but here's an original I'm particularly proud of. I wrote it as a simple uke song for a Seasons entry last year. It fitted another Seasons theme a month or two back, so I decided to rework it with keyboards and rhythm and I asked Kevin (Mezcalero)...
Top Bottom