Search results

1. about2

Video : Aloha City Ukes Set-Up Process - Ukulele Set Up

I echo that....every uke I've purchased from Matt has been set up great. Lovely to deal with.
  2. about2

Strings Perry's Octave Strings (GCEA)

Mainland ukes offers Guadalupe strings. I’ve owned several sets. IMHO , both are workable but my preference is the set by Perry. The Guad are all wound strings and have a lot of finger noise. Perry’s avoid this as they the three wounds in his set are smooth. The Guads are louder and may...
  3. about2

Baritones and intonation

You are correct, mim no longer sells baritones. And one of the reasons she gave was they took often more work to set up correctly. Mim is a quality dealer. I’ve purchased several from her and love her work. I respect her decision to offer the ukes she wants to work with and the companies she...
  4. about2

Strings Perry's Octave Strings (GCEA)

Hmmm… Not me. I’ve put em on 2 different ukes with no issue.
  5. about2

Baritone GCEA

They are quite nice. Here’s a review I did of them https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/threads/perrys-octave-strings-gcea.161398/
  6. about2

Baritone Uke Sizes - HELP!

The options can seem overwhelming. I've owned several baritones. I haven't notice a lot of sound difference between a quality 19 inch or a quality 21 inch. I don't think a longer scale necessarily means more sustain or better sound. Of course, scale length will affect your left hand. You...
  7. about2

Super-sized Baritone?

I've owned both a Pono UL steel stringed bari and the Ohana 70rb (similar to the clearwater mentioned above). Big price difference. For the money, I think the Ohana is quite nice. The Pono is nice as well. It of course depends on your pocket book and what you are looking for. Both are...
  8. about2

K Brand Baritone

Okay we Portland lads are curious. Count me in as well.
  9. about2

Ukulele contest: For Your Ears Only!

Congratulations bobjking! I too loved your song. Twas a super contest. Thank you too to the judges. It was a great opportunity to grow.
  10. about2

Check out my wacky old Bonanza

Looks super! Just looking at it has me reaching for my mug.
  11. about2

Greetings from Oregon

Another welcome here! I’m in Portland.
  12. about2

Classical Ukulele Players Challenge!

Hmmm…that spread sheet may exist, but my experience says it probably won’t capture the intangibles that make a string set nice. I look for a set that allow overtones to ring, provide the feel I’m looking for, the bass response I want from my bari, and the flexibility that work well with my old...
  13. about2

Ukulele contest: For Your Ears Only!

What an opportunity! Thank you for putting this together. My contribution is an original piece I wrote for my wife of 47 years. She is an absolute joy. I wrote this piece trying to demonstrate not only the incredible times we continue to share, but also the multi-facets that make her unique...
  14. about2

Issue with baby bari string?

No I didn't and I would be very hesitant to do so as I like to experiment with strings . . . I would not want to make a change that was permanent. I found the strings worked well as they were. I don't have either concert today strung with them. They worked fined . . . intonation was good on...
  15. about2

Issue with baby bari string?

I've placed them on concerts with no issue. I would strings by mail's diagnosis. I prefer them on tenors but they sounded fine on bye my vita uke and RC stc.
  16. about2

Barring seems impossible :(

What helped me was thinking of the bar chord more as pushing up with my thumb and less pushing down with my finger. This was something I heard Brad Bordessa mention in one of his videos. It has helped a lot.
  17. about2

Pickaso bow anyone?

Well, here's a poor man's version:
  18. about2

Pickaso bow anyone?

Hey that's encouraging! I know Guadalupe strings for ukes are all 4 wound. I don't know of others that are like that......are there others?
  19. about2

Pickaso bow anyone?

I'm very intrigued. I just sent them a note asking if it would work on wound strings like a Thomastik..... I'll let you know. If so, I gotta try one.
  20. about2

Pickaso bow anyone?

Saw this and was wondering if anyone has tried it. It's a short "bow" designed for acoustic guitars that gives your instrument a cello-ish vibe. Pretty cool. It says it won't work on nylon strings, but I'm curious if any steel string bari players or perhaps wound string players have tried...
Top Bottom