Search results

1. B

Sold Martin OXK Soprano - MINT

SOLD - Hello everyone! I am selling my like new condition Martin OXK Soprano. This is part of their HPL (High Pressure Laminate) series and is now discontinued (in the simulated Koa Soprano version). Included is the original Martin gig bag. As mentioned, this is in like new condition - I...
  2. B

Pono Mango Concert - MGC ***price drop***

Sold - pending payment. Hello everyone. I am selling my recently acquired Pono mango concert that I traded here from another member. I am just more of a soprano player so wanted to move this along to another that can appreciate the concert size. This is a 2021 model and is in MINT condition...
  3. B

FS/FT Seagull Grand Coastline Series - parlor guitar - TRADED

Hello everyone! I am looking to move on my Seagull Grand parlor guitar to another player that will give it more play time than me - as it deserves. I just really don’t play guitar much these days; too much into the ukulele. This is part of Seagull’s Coastline series and is in mint condition...
  4. B

Bruko soprano in all solid cherry - SOLD

SOLD - Hello once more! Offered here is another mint condition Bruko soprano in all solid cherry with arched back. I looked this one over and again found no scratches on it. Original Pyramid strings from the factory. No strap pins on this one. Included is the standard Rockbag. This...
  5. B

Bruko all solid maple soprano - SOLD

- SOLD - Hello! Offered is a mint condition Bruko soprano in all solid maple with arched back. I looked and could not find a scratch. Currently strung with Freemont Blacklines. Strap pins installed on this one. Comes with the standard Rockbag. $180 plus actual shipping CONUS. Trying to...
  6. B

Sticky Neck

I’m curious to know what players with higher acid in their skin are using to reduce the shiny “sticky” feel on the back of the neck. I’ve always had this problem on satin finished necks (never on gloss necks) for all my stringed instruments (ukuleles, guitars, mandolins). I’ve tried steel wool...
  7. B

WTB - Bruko soprano

Looking for a Bruko in a full size soprano variant. Not looking for the thin body travel versions. If you’re considering letting one go, please let me know. Thanks!
  8. B

Baritone ukuleles without truss rods

I could be wrong here, but it seems to be more common that baritone’s have truss rods. Which ones do not have truss rods? I know truss rods are becoming more and more popular in classical guitars, but I remember a time they didn’t have them (some time ago). Just curious to know which baritone...
  9. B

Sound hole straps

Sorry for possibly starting another ukulele strap thread - but I am wanting to find a non-destructive, non-marring sound hole strap. I see there are many out there, some name brands and some off the cuff brands, but it looks like the D’Addario Eco Comfort sound hole strap might be a safe...
  10. B

Larger Sopranos

Hello Everyone! And by larger soprano I am referring to body size, not scale length. Yes, a wonderful assortment of concert scale long neck sopranos, but I am interested more in a soprano scaled concert-ish body size. I understand this is more rare, but what sopranos are currently out with...
  11. B

Low G recommendation - different application

Hello everyone - I have several ukuleles tuned in fifths tuning. I’ve been using the Aquila 31U (CGDA). Of course these are linear tuned, and after tuning one of my standard reentrant tuned concerts down to a reentrant fifths tuned CGDA (yes, quite floppy strings tuned down that low for the G...
  12. B

Ukuleles with fat C shape neck profiles

In the guitar world, we call these baseball bat necks - well, at least back in the 80s and 90s we did. Basically a deep C neck profile. I love the soprano size ukulele, but a thin neck profile gives me troubles. I have a Pono mango and find the deep C neck profile on it to be perfect. My...
  13. B

Tin Pan Alley

Ok.... I admit I live under a rock. Call me late to the game, but I recently discovered the wonderful beauty of Tin Pan Alley ukulele. As an experienced musician of over 40 years, I consider myself a newbie to the TPA ukulele. I am asking for resources, tips, tricks, etc. to help my musical...
  14. B

Your favorite Martin copy

Hello everyone! Certainly Martin has a well known history with ukuleles. While these classic instruments can come with a hefty price tag, I am very curious to hear what Martin copies you all are finding in similarities. Certainly it is more than just an all mahogany instrument. With budget...
  15. B

String set recommendations for reentrant fifths

Hello all!! I have a couple of ukuleles tuned to fifths (CGDA) using the Aquila 31U string set (wound C and G). I would like to tune another reentrant, with a high C. The thing is, I think having the G string still wound might be a bit odd with the other three being unwound. However, in...
  16. B

Steel string baritone options

Hello all! I’m looking for ideas for steel string baritones. I know of the Pono offering but was wanting to know of others as well - hoping they have narrower nut widths than the common 1.5” nylon strung baritones. I have the Kala Tenor guitar, which is an amazing instrument for the price...
  17. B

Classical ukulele

Hello everyone! I love playing classical music on my ukulele. I've really been into fifths tuning lately. I'm curious to hear what other classical players are using for instruments. Do you like soprano, concert, tenor, baritone, long necks, short necks? I know players like Samantha Muir...
  18. B

Filling tuner screw holes

Hello gang. I have a recently acquired soprano that had the stock friction tuners replaced with geared tuners. I am wanting to replace the original friction tuners, which will obviously leave the screw holes visible. I am looking for the best way to fill these holes and hopefully be able to...
  19. B

Eastman ukuleles

I think there are a few Eastman uke owners here on the forum. I am considering purchasing a EU3C concert scale. Unfortunately, I cannot play before purchasing as it is an online sale. No Eastman's in my area. I would appreciate to hear from owners about the neck profile on these. Is is a C...
  20. B

Fifths tuning - compensated saddle?

Hello gang!! I love tuning in fifths. Surely stems back to my bowed instruments days as well as love playing the mandolin. I currently have my Martin S-O strung with Aquila 31U's - CGDA tuning (I was going to try the 30U's - GDAE but didn't want to deal with the high E string troubles others...
Top Bottom