Search results

1. bacchettadavid

Acoustic Combo Amplifier Review: EAE Elite Acoustics M26U Live Monitor/Light Duty Amplifier

I haven’t seen much discussion about this brand of equipment here, so I thought I’d share my impressions since I recently bought one of these. Overview The EAE Elite Acoustics M26U is a 24-lb battery-powered 50-watt bi-amped stage monitor with a built-in rechargeable 5500mAh battery and...
  2. bacchettadavid

Sold Takumi TS-1K Koa Soprano

For sale is my Takumi TS-1K koa soprano ‘ukulele. This is a great opportunity to pick up a wonderful soprano. Specs are as follows: Takumi TS-1K koa soprano Solid koa top, back, and sides Solid mahogany neck Rosewood fretboard and bridge Ebony nut and saddle Goths planetary geared tuners...
  3. bacchettadavid

Boss GT-1 Guitar Effects Processor as a 'Ukulele Multi-Effects Unit

I recently picked up a Boss GT-1 Guitar Effects Processor for use with my Ko'olau chambered-body tenor, and since I haven't seen any discussion of this unit on this forum (and since good deals for used GT-1s can be found these days), I thought I'd share my thoughts. Construction The Boss GT-1...
  4. bacchettadavid

SOLD Custom Tenor by Josh Rieck - Carpathian Spruce & AAAA Hawai’ian Koa

I did not think this day would come, but I am selling my J. Rieck Lutherie #39 custom tenor. I originally bought this uke from Doc_J in February of 2019. This uke sits firmly amongst the best ukes I have played both visually and sonically; I am selling it only because I have transitioned to...
  5. bacchettadavid

2020 Ko'olau Chambered Electric CE-1 SP w/ Baggs Element and Radius Fretboard

This is a review of a 2020 koa & mahogany Ko’olau chambered electric tenor model CE-1 SP. This exact ‘ukulele is featured in the final segment of The Ukulele Review Podcast 20.32 (see timestamp 1:38:01). I recently bought this uke from a fellow forum member. Published information on this model...
  6. bacchettadavid

Seeking Contact Microphone Recommendations

This is a bit of a long shot, but here goes... I am thinking about purchasing a contact microphone to use in conjunction with a Schertler Unico Deluxe. I don't have any experience with this type of pickup, so I'm asking for advice. This mic would be used to amplify a couple of high-end...
  7. bacchettadavid

FS: Martin 0XK Soprano (includes Gig Bag)

SOLD. Listing for sale my Martin 0Xk Soprano. Comes with original Martin padded gig bag made by TKL. This 0XK has been my office ukulele for the past few months. I am its second owner. Selling this to help offset a recent acquisition. Complete set of pictures avaliable at Bacchettadavid's...
  8. bacchettadavid

Pedalboard Reflections

This post will be the first in a series about 'ukulele amplification and effects. About 1.5 years ago, I set out to explore affected ‘ukulele tone. This journey began innocently enough with the decision to build a pedalboard for my preamp and looping setup but soon veered into obsession as I...
  9. bacchettadavid

FS: 2012 Koaloha Soprano KSM-00

Fellow UUers: I'm selling many of my possessions as a part of simplifying my life. One of the things to go is my Koaloha soprano built in 2012. Pics can be seen at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwJU59jdbSc7NmRpODg4V19QdGM The only issue of note is that the soundboard bowed a bit...
  10. bacchettadavid

South Florida Ukulele Festival - Ft. Lauderdale, August 5th 2017

I went to this event last year and had a blast: http://www.southfloridaukulelefest.com/index.html Artist line-up looks excellent (Kalei Gamiao and Bryan Tolentino? Sign me up!). Venue is a stimulating fine and performing arts space. I hope to see a few other UUers there!
  11. bacchettadavid

South Florida Ukulele Festival - Ft. Lauderdale, 5/8/2017

I went to this event last year and had a blast: http://www.southfloridaukulelefest.com/index.html Artist line-up looks excellent (Kalei Gamiao and Bryan Tolentino? Sign me up!). Venue is a stimulating fine and performing arts space. I hope to see a few other UUers there!
  12. bacchettadavid

FS Kala Cedar/Acacia KA-ATP-CTG-CE w/ case & strap $180 shipped CONUS

Selling my Kala KA-ATP-CTG-CE. This is a good uke, and this model has a reputation for providing good bang for the buck. I've upgraded the pickup per UUer Kissing's suggestion to the Artec undersaddle transducer. This upgrade significantly improved the uke's amplified sound. Note to...
  13. bacchettadavid

Upcoming auction this Saturday (includes several noteworthy ukes)

As per the forum rules, I'm not posting this to the marketplace. "The Musical Instrument Collection of Lawrence David Clark", ran by Bruneau and Co. Auctioneers. 275 lots, many of them reputable vintage brands of guitar, banjo, pedal steels, etc. Lots 100-111 feature several interesting...
  14. bacchettadavid

Kala electronics upgrade?

Fellow UUers: I've begun learning to sing with the aid of a 30-watt acoustic amp, which really draws attention to my Kala's lackluster stock electronics. I tolerate the shortcomings in the pickup and preamp when I use a 5-watt modeling amp for home practice, but when issued forth from a...
  15. bacchettadavid

Chicago - Beginnings

Started this a while back. It's still a WIP. https://app.box.com/s/a5grd7csr6gxjvtee027h5vwdk0qmbc0
  16. bacchettadavid

Strings Giveaway - Round 2

Aloha, fellow UUers! I am giving away more strings this weekend. After selling my Kala acacia soprano, I have 2 string sets for soprano left over. Before you all try to convince me to buy another soprano, I have a Koaloha soprano, which I string with Worths. I am giving away the following...
  17. bacchettadavid

Strings giveaway

Fellow UUers: I recently made an error while placing an order through HMS, and as a result, I wound up with 2 sets of concert-size Aquila Red low G strings. I do not own a concert ukulele, so these strings are useless to me.(...extra strings are not an excuse to buy another ukulele...extra...
  18. bacchettadavid

Kanile'a K-1 Super Concert Premium

Model & Year 2014 Kanile'a K-1 Super Concert Premium Price Paid & Condition $1000 new Reason for Puchase & Purchase Process Sought a Hawaiian-made ukulele after playing a Chinese-made ukulele every day for several months. 3 models were tested: a Kamaka tenor, a Koaloha concert, and a Kanile'a...
  19. bacchettadavid

For Sale or Trade: KA-GAS Kala Golden Acacia Soprano

SOLD Kala KA-GAS Golden Acacia Soprano. SN 1207. Solid top, laminate back and sides. Satin finish, very tactile to play. Closed gear tuners. Strings switched out for Ko'olau Alohis. In excellent condition. Bought it new from a local music store. Selling/Trading it because I've been...
  20. bacchettadavid

Hello from rural South Florida

Six months ago, my little cousin introduced me to the ukulele. I fell in love with the instrument (a Makala dolphin) almost immediately and proceeded to sit on her couch for 3 hours while I strummed and tried to figure out basic I-V-vi-IV progressions and the rhythm changes in a couple of keys...
Top Bottom