Search results

1. bacchettadavid

New Uke Day (NUD) Koa Ko'olau Concert from Kaneohe to Osaka

A looper is a good call. The Loudbox Mini provides some basic toneshaping functions on its own.
  2. bacchettadavid

How many ukes have you got? (expanded poll)

Middle 30s with 4 ukes (5 if you count my office uke, but I don't play it like I play the others): Main ukes: 1 traditional koa tenor 1 small-bodied mahogany tenor 1 electric koa & mahogany tenor 1 small-bodied spruce & mahogany concert Office uke: 1 painted cigarbox soprano
  3. bacchettadavid

New Uke Day (NUD) Koa Ko'olau Concert from Kaneohe to Osaka

Beautiful and special concert. From one Ko’olau player to another, enjoy your time as its steward.
  4. bacchettadavid

The Got Aways

Ukulele I have parted with yet sometimes desire nonetheless: J. Rieck #39 spruce & koa tenor. Sold to a fellow UUer after sitting too long unplayed in the aftermath of the acquisition of my current primary ‘ukulele. Kala cedar & acacia tenor. Of sentimental value; my first uke. Kanile’a super...
  5. bacchettadavid

Do ukulele players have favorite key signatures, for ease of playing?

I love this. Fearing tonal centers is counter-productive. While I would personally prefer other keys to E major, sometimes E serves the music or musical setting.
  6. bacchettadavid

Do ukulele players have favorite key signatures, for ease of playing?

I have strong feelings on this topic and have formerly ranked pairs of the 12 western pitch classes in order of personal preference as tonal centers when rendered on a reentrant ‘ukulele: 1st: E-flat or C natural 2nd: B-flat or G natural 3rd: A-flat or F natural 4th: A natural or F-sharp 5th: E...
  7. bacchettadavid

Boss GT-1 Guitar Effects Processor as a 'Ukulele Multi-Effects Unit

@Wiggy I love your Peavey Pacer! Most of the old Peavey stuff was built for hard use; how heavy is it?
  8. bacchettadavid

I prefer my pedalboard for most applications, but a good multifx earns its place by virtue of convenience and versatility. I originally created this thread just to draw attention to the GT-1 as a lesser-known option among uke players. It’s pretty heavy-handed for many acoustic amplification...
  9. bacchettadavid

I’ve had a chance to review the sounds and parameters available on the GT-1B, and here’s what I’d recommend: First, configure the master output settings to your selected amp (you’d use different settings for the SWR head vs the Fender practice combo). On the GT-1, there’s some interplay...
  10. bacchettadavid

I’d be glad to recommend some settings, but I need to look up the bass variant of the GT-1 to note the differences. While I’m doing that, can you let me know what pickup system is installed in your Caramel and what amp/speaker combo or PA system you’re using?
  11. bacchettadavid

Sold FS - Glyph Soprano - Koa - Sold!

Awesome uke. When I took lessons froms Matthew Stead, he routinely played a Glyph. I still remember its sound. At the time, Matt had ample access to fine 'ukulele through his 'ukulele consignment and retail business, so his decision to favor the Glyph says a lot about their quality. A...
  12. bacchettadavid

Show us your ukes!

Your son is now the proud owner of one of the finest production ‘ukulele. The Fluke is a great uke.
  13. bacchettadavid

Loprinzi Owners Club

Consider me another fan added to Club Loprinzi. I recently won a Loprinzi spruce & mahogany custom concert in a raffle held as part of Tampa Bay Ukulele Society’s Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway 2023 Cruise to Cozumel. I am very enamored with this uke, and I say that as someone accustomed to fine...
  14. bacchettadavid

Weirdest experimental tuning you've heard of?

I'm quite enamored with the standard tuning, but I sometimes enjoy breaking out of it to experiment and find inspiration. Here are some of the more esoteric alternate tunings I've tried (some are readily accomplishable with standard string sets; others call for custom sets): Linear: Ab Bb Eb...
  15. bacchettadavid

If you could only have one.....and only one....what would it be?

What a gorgeous uke. I am really digging all the cooler hues.
  16. bacchettadavid

@Kenn2018 that is one helluva uke. I remember its listing from last year. Glad to know it found its way into a player's hands. :)
  17. bacchettadavid

New Uke Day (NUD) NPD (New Pedal Day)! Hotone Ampero One Multi Effects Pedal

Thanks for responding. The signal chain management seems pretty flexible. I sometimes use a Boss GT-1, and I like its effects well enough for grab & go solution, but it's not nearly as flexible a unit. I'm going to have to try to find one to demo (and see how difficult it would be to power...
  18. bacchettadavid

The "only" part of this makes it far easier for me. If I had to settle on one uke and exclude all others, I would choose an instrument that can handle all of my musical demands with aplomb. I would select Ko'olau's 20th Anniversary 'Ulu #2028. Aside from its sex appeal, this instrument...
  19. bacchettadavid

POLL: Favorite Non-Hawaiian Brand of Uke

This one is easy for me: Kiwaya or Magic Fluke.
  20. bacchettadavid

New Uke Day (NUD) NPD (New Pedal Day)! Hotone Ampero One Multi Effects Pedal

From a fellow pedalhead: thank you for taking the time to detail and publish your thoughts, @roastbeast . Have you experimented with the Ampero One's amp and cab sims and IR loading yet?
Top Bottom