Search results

1. UkingViking

Help translating word in a song.

Hi, Looking to do an english version of an old Scandinavian traditional. It includes the measure of a "pægl", which is ~ 240ml, or a cup. The measuring vessels I believe were cylindrical, and the word probably has the same roots as a pail - though I understand that pail usually refers to much...
  2. UkingViking

Ukulele contest: For Your Ears Only!

For Your Ears Only! This is an audio only ukulele contest! Why no video? I love videos, they tell a story of how the song was recorded and connect the listener to the process. But some people don’t like being on video, and some people don’t like using YouTube. So, for this contest we will go...
  3. UkingViking

Easy no-knead bread rolls/bread

After reading the delicious recipe for sunflower bread, I feel like sharing my easy, not very scientific bread recipe. They say that you need to be very precise and measure by weight to get the perfect bread. This might not get you perfect, but it usually turns out pretty darned good -...
  4. UkingViking

What do you need to record a video for the Seasons?

What do I need to record a video for the Seasons? Are you in doubt in what gear you need to have to post a video to the seasons, or what you can get to improve your videos? What you need is basically: Something to record video Something to record audio – can be same device as for video...
  5. UkingViking

Which mic to choose for video?

Hi Forum, Just curious what you guys would go for. I have: two condenser microphones, both bought second hand at a reasobale price, a Røde NT3 and a SE2200a one "real" mic stand, and one table mic stand. An interface that allows me to use both if I choose. I am not recording an album or...
  6. UkingViking

Strap buttons (EU)

Hi forum, When searching online for strap buttons, it is not always easy to get info of the size of the buttons. I have one set of huge guitar strap buttons in my drawer that I ordered by mistake allready 🤔. It seems that the most common outer measures are 12.5 and 14 mm, and that the the 14 mm...
  7. UkingViking

ABS Case comparison

Hi Forum, So, I have been trying out some cases from ABS, wood and hard foam for my ukuleles. Though I would share my experiences. Is ABS lighter than wood? Some of them. Below: Kinsman wooden concert case: 1570 g TGI ABS case: 1680 g Uke Crazy hard foam case: 1150 g Crossrock zippered ABS...
  8. UkingViking

Solution for broken slotted bridge.

So, On this old Kamaka Tiki, knots are going through the slots. At least the A string, the G string looks prone too. And the wood is fraying where they go through. It seems that there is a shared space for the knots in this design, rather than four individual. Has anyone tried tying all the...
  9. UkingViking

Proper shaping of saddle top

If you have an un-compensated saddle, is there a proper shape it should on top for the strings to break in a clean way? I have en ukulele with a 3 mm wide bone saddle. It looks like the top is just smoothly curved round over the entire width. I wondered if it could be holding back the sound a...
  10. UkingViking

Zippered ABS case in the EU?

Does anybody know an online shops in the EU that sells these? In a size usable for concert or long neck soprano. I see them appear on pictures in this forum from time to time, but cant find them around here. If I see some on Amazon, they are either out of stock or not shipping to the EU.
  11. UkingViking

Instant oatmeal

So, whats the deal? In Denmark where I live, the high end supermarkeds used to have some pretty delicious Instant oatmeal in big packages. With dades, coconut flakes and other good stuff in it. My brother in law experimented with making his own, blending a small percentage of the oat flakes...
  12. UkingViking

Ratio tuner size

Hi Forum, I fear I might have made a bad purchase, and hope to get some advice 😂 So, I just received my new Ratio "tune-a-lele" tuners from Thomann. They look a bit chunky, so I was shocked when the package said "large". Wait what, there are more sizes? Thomann didnt have more sizes. Looking...
  13. UkingViking

Hard case for Hummingbird

Hello Hivemind, An old friend bought a secondhand Hummingbird tenor uke from Epiphone. He is not content with its very thin gigbag, and with his birthday coming up I might see a chance to upgrade for him 😆 Since it is rather Dreadnaught shaped, I am not sure if any tenor case will fit. Anyone...
  14. UkingViking

Season 558 - Uke from the start

Hi Seasonistas, Here is the theme for the coming week: The usual rules apply. I will copy to them here tomorrow, as well as playlist link etc, as I am away from home and on my phone. I recorded the intro a few days ago to be ahead 🙂 Remember, no videos before midnight Hawaii time! And...
  15. UkingViking

Help with shockmount

Hi forum, I recently bought a 2. hand mic and shockmount. The mic is a sE2200 a II, and I believe that this is not an sE shockmount. Apparently the seller has misplaced some bits and pieces for a reflexion filter I also got in the deal, not sure if something is missing here as well. It has a...
  16. UkingViking

Loudness for ukulele/vocal recordings

Hi Forum, I am courious as to what loudness more DAW savvy people go for for videos. I read that to "compete" with other songs on youtube, you should aim for LUFS - 14db (integrated) . You can go louder if it sounds better, but youtube will turn it down. If you go quiter it will not be turned...
  17. UkingViking

Season... ONLY 499! Limited time offer!

Welcome to season 499! This weeks theme is an absolute bargain! Or just a pricetag, a deal, a purchase, a trading of goods etc. Ever noticed how pricetags always end on something with 99? Well that inspired this theme for this season number. I want songs in which someone somewhere in the song...
  18. UkingViking

Do I have a nut problem?

I wondered if there was anything to do to rase the playing of my Cort ukulele, which rather small frets, and so I decided to look at the action at the nut. Not something I have ever done before. Does this look off to you guys? Also, a lot of people suggest that you should not see day light...
  19. UkingViking

External microphone for Android

Hi forum, Mostly courious here, since I dont plan to record too much on my phone. But does anyone have good experience recording with external mics on Android, and what options work for which purpose. I am interested in recording video with good sound quality AND good sound levels. There are...
  20. UkingViking

Simplest audio mastering for video?

Hi Forum, I am looking for a bit of advice, since everything I try to do to my recording sounds super box like. I is probably partly due to the acoustics of the room I record in, but the sound also get worse with everything I do to it. My setup: I usually make a live recording with a Blue Yeti...
Top Bottom