Search results

1. Jerryc41

uke vs. low humidity

I say, "Better safe than sorry." Wood is wood. I've seen plywood delaminate.
  2. Jerryc41

Loudest soprano

Look at Baz's reviews of sopranos with a score of 8.5 or higher. He always comments on volume and sustain.
  3. Jerryc41

Tiny Tim & Bob Dylan

Very interesting thread. Thanks for all the posts.
  4. Jerryc41

Tiny Tim & Bob Dylan

When I was a kid, all kids had those hats. I still remember the words to the song.
  5. Jerryc41

GotaUkulele Reviews

I look forward to the new review every week, but I'm no longer tempted to buy - no matter how good the uke is. I have enough. Baz gives the best online reviews. They are full of facts and opinions, and you can balance his personal opinions with the facts he offers. I always recommend his...
  6. Jerryc41

Allegheny Ukulele Soiree

Let's hope there isn't construction or accidents.
  7. Jerryc41

Where did you buy your uke(s)?

More than one uke from each of the following. I didn't list places that sold me a uke that I later sold. Amazon Antica Ukuleleria Beansprout Blackbird Bonanza Cocobolo eBay Elderly Klos Mim Reverb Southern Ukulele Store Thomann Uke Republic Ukulele Friend Ukulele Site Ukulele Underground
  8. Jerryc41

More Praise for the Revelator

I brought my Revelator to our weekly jam yesterday, and I was afraid I was drowning everyone else out. I wasn't, of course, but it sounded so loud and powerful with its Low-G. Link to yesterday's jam. I had a 32GB MiniSD card in the GoPro, so I lost the last few minutes. The GPS ran for two...
  9. Jerryc41

Laminating sides

Nice! I have an original Roy Smeck Vita and also the new Ohana version. Good sound from both.
  10. Jerryc41

KraftGeek Music Stand - Add-On

My group performed on Sunday, and I set up camcorders to catch the action. the KraftGeek music stand has a 1/4 - 20 threaded hole in the top for a light. I thought that would be prfect for a GoPro. I cut the head off a bolt and screwed it into the mount for the light. The GoPro threaded...
  11. Jerryc41

New Uke Day (NUD) Quadruple New Uke Day

I've bought six in a month several times. Four and five a month are not uncommon. I've got to start selling - soon.
  12. Jerryc41

New Uke Day (NUD) Quadruple New Uke Day

Ah, yes!
  13. Jerryc41

How many ukuleles are too many ukuleles?

It's all about willpower.
  14. Jerryc41

My Bonanza Oreo

The Bonanza Oreo tenor is a great uke. I brought it to a session yesterday, and I was impressed by how loud it is and long it sustains the tone. One thing that surprised me was the very high action. I didn't measure it, but it is definitely high. I'll have to sand down the nut and the...
  15. Jerryc41

Glued butt joints for neck to body

I'm not a luthier, but I use glue in addition to screws or dowels.
  16. Jerryc41

Need fret pressing tips

I can sympathize. Yes, wider fret wire seems to be easier to work with. Some builders put a bit of super glue into the slot. A press, store-bought or homemade - is the way to go.
  17. Jerryc41

KraftGeek Accessories

I continue to enjoy using my KraftGeek music stand. A friend ordered the whole kit, and I thought about getting the light. However, after reading reviews, I changed my mind. It isn't rechargeable! Everything is rechargeable these days! You use three AAA batteries, or you plug it in. One...
  18. Jerryc41

Allegheny Ukulele Soiree

The Allegheny Ukulele Soiree is sold out, but there is a waiting list. It's a five-hour drive for me, but it's worth it. https://ukulelesoiree.com/register?mc_cid=11de8396b7&mc_eid=4499f059a0
  19. Jerryc41

Friends of Old Puppy

Is he sitting in a rocking chair? 😁
Top Bottom