Search results

1. AmyDee

FS: Romero Creations Spalted Mango ST Concert

I bought this beauty in July, 2019 from Terry Carter at Uke Like the Pros. Terry names all of his instruments, and he called this one "Angel Wings" because the light markings around the sound hole resemble wings. All spalted mango instruments have unique markings, and I think this one is...
  2. AmyDee

Fingerstyle tabs for Maunaleo by Keali'i Reichel

Does anyone have the fingerstyle tabs for Keali'i Reichel's beautiful song "Maunalea?"
  3. AmyDee

Banjolele vs 4 String Banjo

I've been interested in adding a banjolele to the family in order to have some fun with the George Formby era songs. I am looking at new and vintage instruments. I discovered the Maybelle Slingerland series and have seen alot of them on eBay. I see some identified as a "banjolele" and others...
  4. AmyDee

FS: LoPrinzi Tenor Figured Mahogany

I have decided to sell my LoPrinzi custom Tenor Figured Mahogany ukulele. Even with the thin neck that LoPrinzi's are known for, the tenor scale is just too big of a stretch for my hands. It has an ebony fingerboard and bridge, wood marquetry, Grover open geared tuners, bone nut saddle, satin...
  5. AmyDee

Song Help Request Makapu'u Lighthouse tabs?

Does anyone know where I can find the tabs for this beautiful song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pizz9QYgEI
  6. AmyDee

Have you tried a Musick Tent Instrument Humidor?

I just saw this product advertised on CraigsList. Seems like it might be a good way to store an ukulele. Have you ever tried one? https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/d/musik-tent-instrument-humidor/6345816606.html
  7. AmyDee

WTB Opio Sapele Tenor

I'm looking for an Opio Tenor made of Sapele - sometimes called "African Mahogany." A friend let me strum his, and I've fallen desperately, hopelessly in love with it. But alas, it belongs to another. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with?
  8. AmyDee

Anyone ever bought a uke from Luis Pilarte?

He is in Nicaragua and makes instruments out of Cocobolo. I admired one of the ukes he posted on facebook and got into a conversation with him. When I initially passed on his $400 tenors, he offered me one of his concert sized instruments at a price ($250) that seems too good to be true. I was...
  9. AmyDee

Ukulele with circle of fifths carved on front around sound hole?

I saw an ad (maybe on facebook?) awhile back for a ukulele that was advertised as being designed to help one learn how to play. It had the notes carved onto the fretboard, and a circle of fifths carved onto the front around the sound hole. Do any of you know who makes this instrument? If...
  10. AmyDee

Which K brand offers the most natural, low/no gloss finish?

I am the proud owner of a Pete Howlett boat paddle uke that has hand rubbed oil finish that I absolutely LOVE. I am looking for a K brand tenor with a similar matte finish. Several of the makers offer satin finishes, and Kanile'a has something they are calling a "new natural satin finish." Does...
  11. AmyDee

If you had time to only visit one ukulele shop on the Big Island, which one?

We have only 3 days, and already overbooked with hikes and a long list of "must see" places. But if I can squeeze in one store/shop visit, which should it be? We are arriving at Kona, staying in Volcano and flying out of Hilo.
  12. AmyDee

How do you break the news to your spouse that you've bought another uke?

My husband just bought me a fabulous Pete Howlette Boat Paddle for Christmas, which I dearly love. But I still yearned for a cedar topped "K" brand. When I saw the object of my desire pop up on the UU marketplace, I was lucky enough to snag it. I just got a bonus from my company, and my husband...
  13. AmyDee

Can this ukulele be saved?

I just got a uke in the mail from a private seller. It was well packaged and insured for the full value. It was inside a gig bag, the body wrapped in bubble wrap and the rest of the box filled with Styrofoam peanuts. But when I took it out of the box, to my horror, I discovered that the body...
  14. AmyDee

Best song to try out a new ukulele at a store

We are planning a vacation to Hawaii this Fall, and I want to get a new Uke as a souvenir of our trip. My playing level is beginner/advanced beginner so I don't have a repertoire of songs memorized yet. I would like to pick a song that would help me: 1. Evaluate the sound of a new uke 2. Make...
Top Bottom