Search results

1. Kanaka916

Christmas Cheer

Mele Kalikimaka to all the members of UU. Have a joyful holiday season with your families and friends. Be safe and we'll see you in the new year! Aloha!
  2. Kanaka916

International Play Seeso Loud Day

I took this off of FB to share with the UU membership. Much Mahalos to Alex Boon for posting this and explaining what is happening with Seeso. So please, if you would, a silent prayer to wish him nothing but the best in this fight. It is DECLARED that Monday, December 12th, 2016 is officially...
  3. Kanaka916

String Sale

. . . 15% off storewid sale @ Strings & Beyond http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/
  4. Kanaka916

Pure Heart

After their 14 year reunion in December, Pure Heart continued with a special appearance on HiSessions. Here's Lopaka Colon (percussions and bird calls), Jake Shimabukuro (ukulele) and Jon Yamasato (guitar and vocals) performing a live version of Herb Ohta's "Bodysurfing" . . .
  5. Kanaka916

RIP Joe

Joe Cocker passed at the age of 70. Another artist from the 70's with hits like "The Letter", "With A Little Help From Myr Friends", “You Are So Beautiful”, and 1983’s duet with Jennifer Warnes “Up Where We Belong”. http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/12/r-i-p-joe-cocker-legendary-singer-dead-at-70/
  6. Kanaka916

Happy Thanksgiving

. . . Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i (pronounced how-oh-lay la ho-o-ma-key-kah-ee) to all the members of Ukulele Underground. Enjoy the festivities of the upcoming holiday weekend with family, loved ones and friends. Stay safe!
  7. Kanaka916

Kris Fuchigami in Concert Oct 24th & 25th

. . . at the Strum Shop in Roseville @ 7 PM and at the DaSilva Ukulele Company in Berkeley on the 25th. Not sure of the time at DaSilva's but most likely 7 PM. Friday, October 24, 2014 The Strum Shop 408 Roseville Square Roseville, California Saturday, October 25, 2014 Dasilva Ukulele Co...
  8. Kanaka916

Revamped Ukulossary

I have no idea how many members use the glossary or if it's even needed. Anyway, I've re-worked the glossary and need your opinions/comments. If a term needs to be added, let me know through this thread.
  9. Kanaka916

Aldrine & Aaron . . .

last night at the Strum Shop . . .
  10. Kanaka916

Aldrine & Aaron

. . . with Dom last night @ the Strum Shop
  11. Kanaka916

Aldrine & Aaron . . .

last night at the Strum Shop . . .
  12. Kanaka916

AG playing . . .

this evening and tomorrow at the Strum Shop in Roseville, CA. C Y'all there. . .
  13. Kanaka916

Guadalupe Customs Strings

. . . anyone know if they closed down? Their web page has been taken down and the last entry on FB is from Dec 2012. Pretty sure this previously asked and not sure if there were any replies. Any info will be appreciated. Much Mahalos . . .
  14. Kanaka916

Reno Ukulele Festival

. . . haven't seen flyers or advertising to this annual event. I think it's scheduled for the 24th thru the 27th of April. Anyone?
  15. Kanaka916

NorCal Ukulele Fest

It's about that time again for this annual event . . .
  16. Kanaka916

Victoria Vox . . .

You can now download the songbook to her latest album Key . . . http://media.virbcdn.com/files/be/f7ec62d3af346416-VictoriaVoxKEYSongbook.pdf
  17. Kanaka916

1st Philippine Ukulele Festival

Video with Aldrine, Kalei & Aaron from the Phillipines in a live setting and interview . . ...
  18. Kanaka916

Dominator's Concert

. . . at the Strum Shop in Roseville, CA was superb. Since I haven't seen Dom for quite a while, I knew this was gonna be a treat. Attendance was great for a small venue and the audience was really in tune with his playing. The first half was a solo set with Dom performing a lot of Jake's...
  19. Kanaka916

Taimane . . .

will be the featured artist on the upcoming segment of Hi Sessions . . . check it out.
  20. Kanaka916

Island Music Network

Y'all remember TSH (Tropical Storm Hawai'i)? IMN was started 8 years ago and was somewhat neglected because of other projects and priorities. The site was resurrected about a month ago because there isn't a site or resource for the music of Hawai'i or what we refer to as local kine music. Ryan...
Top Bottom