Search results

1. Zoë Bestel

Fancy helping to make a third Zoë Bestel Album?

Ooh hello! It's been such a long time since I've shared a post in the UU forum, so it's heartening to know a thriving community of dedicated 'uke lovers are still discussing every inch of this wonderful instrument that connects us. I still regularly get asked why I don't actively play guitar...
  2. Zoë Bestel

NEW The Music of Tobias Elof eBook

Tobias Elof has a new book of mostly his own compositions, and some arrangements. It's incredibly good. If you've ever wanted to learn to play like the great Dane, Tobias Elof, you can now! (Includes the hit song, Lazy Sunday) There's a very limited run of only 100 physical copies of "The Music...
  3. Zoë Bestel

Tobias Elof & Zoë Bestel in Concert | Liverpool

I'm delighted to announce that Tobias Elof and myself will be coming to Liverpool for a concert at the end of May. Although you may not know me, I'm sure you'll have heard of Elof (you can watch some of his stuff here, and some of mine here). It's going to be a lovely intimate event, if you're...
  4. Zoë Bestel

Hey there Mr Blue Sky!

It's been raining all day, so the irony would've been fun, but when I went out to film this it stopped...so we got the hose pipe out and proceeded to absolutely drench me, ha! Recorded on my tenor uke, and filmed in beautiful Scotland. Hope you enjoy this little slice of blue sky
  5. Zoë Bestel

Little bit of James Taylor

I do like myself a bit of Mr Taylor, one day I will attempt his style of playing but for now here's my Zoëfied version on my bari
  6. Zoë Bestel

May Ukulele Retreat in Prague

In case people didn't know about it, looks like there's only a few spaces left on this retreat in Prague in May with Ukulele Uff and Ukulollo! Having seen both live and sung with one I do highly recommend them. Looks like it will be lovely :cool: I'm really excited to be playing at the Czech...
  7. Zoë Bestel

New Music on Bari Uke Produced by Tobias Elof

Aah I'm so excited about my new album that comes out in April! It's called Transience and all tracks (bar one at the end) feature either my Kala ASAC-T or ASAC-B. Recorded and produced in Denmark by Tobias Elof, a fantastic ukulele artist I'm sure you know (and if not, you definitely should)...
  8. Zoë Bestel

Too controversial for the C word?

Too controversial for the C word? Christmas that is... Gah, is it too early to mention Christmas? I know, I know it's still only November but... I found this gorgeous, it seems, little known 1940's song called December. It's written by Al Rinker and Floyd Huddleston, the guys behind The...
  9. Zoë Bestel

A song from my bath...

Big wonderful group of ukulele music makers, in light of what has been happening on our little planet, I sing you this song from my bath. I chose it because it feels fitting, it feels poignant for the moment, it's also been in my head for a while. Kept all the bits in the vid where I was being...
  10. Zoë Bestel

Just a little Winter Song...

Aloha! Hope you don't mind the self promotion but rather proud to present my new single, Winter Song, with it's official music videoness. Just a bit seasonal-y with a small sprinkling of xmas-ish featuring eBay and bagels... Performed on Clearwater Baritone ukulele, and filmed all by yours...
  11. Zoë Bestel

New Original Baritone Ukulele Song

Tiny bit of self promotion (sorry) but I'd love to see what you think. This is my new official music vid for my new single, Nobody Knows, off my new album, Sir Lucas and the Moon - it's all newness and I'm rather excitied ;) The vids all trippy and blurry and glowy and things and if you have a...
  12. Zoë Bestel

Trying to change the world four strings at a time...

( Apologies already for the cheesy title, but I'm a cheesy teen and couldn't think of anything ;D ) Someone I met once at a folk festival thanked me for playing the ukulele like a 'proper instrument' and that's something I'll always remember. I have so many reasons I decided to leave school at...
  13. Zoë Bestel

Kind of release a Ukulele single today...

Hello! I'm Zoë - introduced myself last week, I think (with a thread called 'You guys are lovely' which I still stand by. You UU members are awesome! So supportive!) so a massive hello to anyone who I haven't said hello to...Aloha! I've recently left school to be a full time musician, just me...
  14. Zoë Bestel

Jamie Cullum Baritone Ukulele Cover

Hi, I'm all new to this, so thought I'd just stick one of my own covers up here. That's okay, right? Jamie Cullum is one of my favourite artists and this is his latest single Everything You Didn't Do, covered by me, Zoë :) I mispronounce a word....But shhhh you didn't hear that from me :D Enjoy!
  15. Zoë Bestel

You guys are lovely

Hello! I'm Zoë, fifteen and have been playing the ukulele for two years. Wasn't really sure if I should say all this in the Introduction boards or whether I should just dive in. But here I am saying hello. A year ago I think I came on here and posted a video of one of my original songs for some...
  16. Zoë Bestel

A 14yr Old being big headed...

Uhm hi. I'm Zoë, 14 from the UK and well...I sing and write songs. I've been looking everywhere for a place to ask feedback on my songwriting from people who actually know or like the ukulele and know what they're on about...actually that's a lie - Basically anyone anywhere that will listen and...
Top Bottom