Search results

1. Zoë Bestel

Fancy helping to make a third Zoë Bestel Album?

Ooh hello! It's been such a long time since I've shared a post in the UU forum, so it's heartening to know a thriving community of dedicated 'uke lovers are still discussing every inch of this wonderful instrument that connects us. I still regularly get asked why I don't actively play guitar...
  2. Zoë Bestel

Looper pedals - how useful?

It's another form of practice, and mostly timing! Yes, it's a bit overwhelming at first but like learning an instrument it gets easier with time. Exactly like with all live performances things can and do go wrong, that's what makes live performances LIVE, an audience understands that. Trust me...
  3. Zoë Bestel

Recording your own voice - what apps are you guys using?

Firstly, don't always be comparing yourself to Michael Buble ;) Take inspiration, but your voice is unique to you and the fact you can sing in tune is half the battle! Your issue could be a lot to do with technique, and can definitely be improved with time, patience and training - vocal...
  4. Zoë Bestel

Recording your own voice - what apps are you guys using?

Seconding @DuckyI's advice, most android phones have a built in voice recorder. If it's just for listening back don't overwhelm yourself with more advanced audio software - keep it simple for now. Can you explain what you mean by your voice seeming a little off but you hit the right notes?
  5. Zoë Bestel

NEW The Music of Tobias Elof eBook

Tobias Elof has a new book of mostly his own compositions, and some arrangements. It's incredibly good. If you've ever wanted to learn to play like the great Dane, Tobias Elof, you can now! (Includes the hit song, Lazy Sunday) There's a very limited run of only 100 physical copies of "The Music...
  6. Zoë Bestel

Tobias Elof & Zoë Bestel in Concert | Liverpool

Aw man, thank you everyone who replied to this. I'm touched! Will try and video, maybe even live stream...
  7. Zoë Bestel

Tobias Elof & Zoë Bestel in Concert | Liverpool

I'm delighted to announce that Tobias Elof and myself will be coming to Liverpool for a concert at the end of May. Although you may not know me, I'm sure you'll have heard of Elof (you can watch some of his stuff here, and some of mine here). It's going to be a lovely intimate event, if you're...
  8. Zoë Bestel

Hey there Mr Blue Sky!

It's been raining all day, so the irony would've been fun, but when I went out to film this it stopped...so we got the hose pipe out and proceeded to absolutely drench me, ha! Recorded on my tenor uke, and filmed in beautiful Scotland. Hope you enjoy this little slice of blue sky
  9. Zoë Bestel

Little bit of James Taylor

I do like myself a bit of Mr Taylor, one day I will attempt his style of playing but for now here's my Zoëfied version on my bari
  10. Zoë Bestel

James Hill UK Tour April 2018

Thank you Hamish! Glad you liked it And yes, my new album out in April is produced and recorded by Tobias. He is, indeed, wonderful
  11. Zoë Bestel

Song Help Request Strumming pattern on this song - Oh Honey: I Love You Will Still Sound The Same

Ha, doesn't help that the playing in the audio isn't what's happening in the video which may have been confusing. There's a lot of string muting. In the intro they mute after every up stroke. But it's a longer down in the intro, when the singing starts it's more abrupt muting. But from messing...
  12. Zoë Bestel

James Hill UK Tour April 2018

Ooh they're also at the Ukulele Festival of Scotland too! Cracking line up this year...which yes, I am biased as I'm on it, but honestly besides me (ha) it's looking fab if you're northernly inclined
  13. Zoë Bestel

May Ukulele Retreat in Prague

I'm really looking forward to going over at the end of July, should be a fab festival! Fun line up too, Barry Aww thank you!! Chuffed ya like it
  14. Zoë Bestel

May Ukulele Retreat in Prague

In case people didn't know about it, looks like there's only a few spaces left on this retreat in Prague in May with Ukulele Uff and Ukulollo! Having seen both live and sung with one I do highly recommend them. Looks like it will be lovely :cool: I'm really excited to be playing at the Czech...
  15. Zoë Bestel

New Music on Bari Uke Produced by Tobias Elof

Aah I'm so excited about my new album that comes out in April! It's called Transience and all tracks (bar one at the end) feature either my Kala ASAC-T or ASAC-B. Recorded and produced in Denmark by Tobias Elof, a fantastic ukulele artist I'm sure you know (and if not, you definitely should)...
  16. Zoë Bestel

Too controversial for the C word?

Too controversial for the C word? Christmas that is... Gah, is it too early to mention Christmas? I know, I know it's still only November but... I found this gorgeous, it seems, little known 1940's song called December. It's written by Al Rinker and Floyd Huddleston, the guys behind The...
  17. Zoë Bestel

A song from my bath...

Big wonderful group of ukulele music makers, in light of what has been happening on our little planet, I sing you this song from my bath. I chose it because it feels fitting, it feels poignant for the moment, it's also been in my head for a while. Kept all the bits in the vid where I was being...
  18. Zoë Bestel

Just a little Winter Song...

Aloha! Hope you don't mind the self promotion but rather proud to present my new single, Winter Song, with it's official music videoness. Just a bit seasonal-y with a small sprinkling of xmas-ish featuring eBay and bagels... Performed on Clearwater Baritone ukulele, and filmed all by yours...
  19. Zoë Bestel

Grand Northern Ukulele Festival 2014

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to post it but I just wrote a blog post about my GNUF adventures and my general experiences of the whole fest. I say lovely, brilliant, awesome, fab and fantastic a heck of a lot more than I realise ;) You can check it out here...
  20. Zoë Bestel

Grand Northern Ukulele Festival 2014

Rock those sparkly eyebrows! It was definitely fantastic, thoroughly enjoyable. Ahh, I've had the Hooley on my list of fests I'd love to go to, cheers for the suggestion. Hopefully ;D
Top Bottom