Search results

1. kkimura

HF-1 Opportunity

Although I prefer in person local sales, several good folks have convinced me that shipping and PayPal are reasonable alternatives. So with that in mind, please allow me to direct your attention to my NH Craig's List listing for a Kamaka HF-1. Not stated in the listing is that I will extend to...
  2. kkimura

Sold A $65 Guardian Vintage Case with a free Decca Soprano and for a limited time a set of Martin M600 strings!

$60 is less than what I've got into this case and ukulele. I know it's hard to believe but, if you buy this Guardian Vintage Soprano case the Decca ukulele is free! And for just 5 bucks more you get a set of Martin M600 strings! Yes, those are Gotoh UTP tuners. Jake Wildwood re-glued the...
  3. kkimura

Radius fret board on my Enya Nova U Carbon

I was widening the nut slot to accommodate a low G string when I noticed for the first time that the frets had a radius! Got this black Nova U Carbon concert in a trade and never bothered to look at the specs. Plus being a black plastic ukulele it's hard to see that kind of detail. (unless...
  4. kkimura

Humidifier Blues

I gotta Kamaka HF-1 And thought it was mint I gotta Kamaka HF-1 And turns out that it i'nt Sometimes it’s your turn to lose I got the case humidifier blues My HF-1 which lives in its case with a D’addario Humidipack when ever I’m not playing it developed a separation at the book match joint of...
  5. kkimura

New New Password Requirements

After inputting my two step credentials tonight I was asked to change my password. While I welcome the step up in required security, the new password routine is a bother. But, I guess better security comes with a price. Thank you for keeping us safe.
  6. kkimura

Strings Low G for Enya Nova U Concert

As the title suggests, I'm giving up on my Nova U Concert's stock strings and would like to try a set of low G strings. Has any one tried this on their Nova U Concert? Or, if not, are there any recommendations? I've tried low G strings by Worth and Fremont on wooden ukes but have no experience...
  7. kkimura

A humidifier journey

Humidifier season is starting up again here in Northern New England so I am gearing up for the duration. One of my first ukuleles came with a Herco humidifier. Following the instructions I soaked it in water and put it in the case. Easy except that I couldn’t tell when to re- soak it. So I...
  8. kkimura

Perhaps not the best use of our time but an expiring mind wants to know.

I find myself with three ukulele straps, two of which need to be removed before putting the uke in its case. So having nothing better to do with my time today I'm wondering if there is a right way to attach a strap to a ukulele. What do you all think?
  9. kkimura

Song Help Request Pua Hone

Does anyone have or know where I could get a fingerpicking tab for Pua Hone?
  10. kkimura

Strings Yet another string thread. 😀 Ko’olau Alohi high g

Just changed the strings on my Ko’olau C1 concert from Worth Brown low G to Ko’olau Alohi high g. The first thing I noticed was how quickly the strings settled in. They were stable in a day. Sound wise they are like Aquilas to me and I’m impressed by the balance between the strings. They are...
  11. kkimura

Closed Reason for my edit(s)

There used to be a way to include the reason for your edit when editing a post. I am always correcting my spelling and grammar after re-reading my posts and would like to continue letting readers know why I'm changing my post especially after they have responded to them or perhaps are just...
  12. kkimura

UU back online!

The site was broken this morning. Thank you to the admins for getting it fixed (around 7:16am Eastern time).
  13. kkimura

Tabs/Chords Kawailehua'a'alakahonua

This one from Island Music Network; https://islandmusicnetwork.com/sheet/kawailehuaaalakahnua/ PDF in C;
  14. kkimura

Baritone Bodied Soprano

I capo my baritone up to GCEA because I'm too lazy to convert the chords in my head. And as I was noodling around it struck me that I was playing a large bodied soprano. (Baritone body + 14.5 inch scale) Best of both worlds, easy to reach chords and great sound from the large body.
  15. kkimura

NUUSD

New Ukulele Underground sticker day.
  16. kkimura

Done! Ukulele Underground Stickers

Wouldn’t it be nice to have access to the old UU stickers? I’d be willing to pay for a few of them to put on my cases.
  17. kkimura

Amazing Amazon packing

Just received an order of Nongshim mild Neoguri ramen from Amazon today. Unfortunately, I also ordered a five pound bag of cactus potting soil at the same time. So I open the box and see a half empty box with no packing material in it, a sturdy bag of cactus potting soil and a totally crushed...
  18. kkimura

Anniversary

Ten years a go today I joined the Ukulele Underground Forum. Thought I would mark the day by becoming a VIP as a way to help "pay it forward" for all of the help and good karma this place has allowed me to experience.
  19. kkimura

Backlog Island Music Network

Is the Island Music Network website, https://islandmusicnetwork.com/, still maintained by the Ukulele Underground Team? It was a great resource for Hawaiian songs but has some structural issues these days.
  20. kkimura

American Idol

Did you see Ian Tongi on AI singing What a Wonderful World tonight?
Top Bottom