New Uke Day (NUD) NUD: Flea Concert

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I received this yesterday from regetk. It was packed securely, and it looks like new. I might replace the direct tuners and the composite fretboard. A standard fretboard wouldn't work, though, because of the odd scale length. I would either have to remove and replace the bridge or make a fretboard. No rush.

EDIT: Optical effect. Stare at the shiny part of the upper fretboard for about five seconds. Then scroll down to the body at the bottom of the fretboard. It will look like the area under the strings is a much lighter blue. The effect goes away after a few seconds.

Blue 1.jpg

I'm reluctant to follow your instructions because I fully expect some hideous monster image to pop up while I gaze intently at the Flea fretboard. That's my favorite shade of Flea.

I don’t know what MFC charges for a replacement fretboard, but that’s the path I would take.

I don’t know what MFC charges for a replacement fretboard, but that’s the path I would take.
I've had them replace it maybe once. The board costs $75, whether they install it or not. I have twenty-seven ukuleles that cost less than that.

Congrats, that looks good...I love Fleas. Your jam buddies must always be wondering "what's Jerry gonna bring this time?" :)
They really don't care, which is just as well. I brought my homemade double neck yesterday, and it didn't cause much of a ruckus. I also brought the blue Flea. These Magic Fluke instruments play way above expectations.

I like to bring two ukes to a jam so I can switch back and forth. I'm bringing just one today - a Flight. Now, I have to decide which Flight. : )

Top Bottom