SOTU 579 That's Crackers!

I asked ChatGPT to write a four line poem about horse racing with the words cracker attacker slacker and smacker. Here is what it produced.
IMG_20230320_131539.jpg

Last edited:
I started writing this during FAWM and didn't finish it, but then I realised it would fit this theme (you'll find out how near the end). It's along the same sort of lines as Pa's...

Apparently the 'facts' in this song really were on wikipedia at one point. I don't need to check, though, because I read about them on the internet, so it must be true. If anyone doesn't know who Alan Titchmarsh is, you're lucky, because of the image that might get put in your head.

I started writing this during FAWM and didn't finish it, but then I realised it would fit this theme (you'll find out how near the end). It's along the same sort of lines as Pa's...

Apparently the 'facts' in this song really were on wikipedia at one point. I don't need to check, though, because I read about them on the internet, so it must be true. If anyone doesn't know who Alan Titchmarsh is, you're lucky, because of the image that might get put in your head.

Being a gardener I always remember this quote from Alan, attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt when discussing roses.

"I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall."

Eleanor Roosevelt

CRAZY - Pat Donohue's parody of Willie Nelson's song (Sorry Willie)
I love the original, especially the way Patsy Cline did it, but this is fun too.
My first (or second) week of hosting a season was "Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma! - A week of parodies" in October of 2021. Somehow I forgot to submit this one.

Here's a pretty rubbish rendition of it must be love by Madness. I think it is the best I'll manage this week. Mainly because I'm staying with my dad this week to help sort out my mum's funeral.

We got eight more songs in today, thanks to everyone who got an entry in. Special mention goes to you, Lumpy, especially given the reason why you're currently staying at your Dad's. I'm very sorry you lost your Mum. Losing a parent is hard. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of you.

Apart from Rob and Lumpy who both opted for a song Madness recorded, crazy was today's topic of choice.
Jon, Brian and Edwin all brought an original. Jim submitted three more songs, among them a parody he'd looked over for his personally curated week 502.
I've updated the playlist, so go ahead: click on a video, and enjoy the videos!

This is a song from 1995 by a California band called Moonpools & Caterpillars. I first heard of them when the single "Hear" from the same album was in one of the Volkswagen "Drivers Wanted" commercials.

I posted a version of this earlier but I felt it was lacking something....So I used my lunch break to add something to it.
I wished I had more time to figure out how to make the videos bigger.
Hope you like it, Sabine!
This is an adapted version of Grant Lee Buffalo's You Just Have To Be Crazy.

Crazy by Patsy Cline

Music taken from the BBC radio series Soul Music. It is a great series and it is basically interviews with people telling how a certain piece of music has emotionally had an impact on their lives. In this particular episode a daughter talks about dancing with her father who had dementia. Have a listen here.

I posted a version of this earlier but I felt it was lacking something....So I used my lunch break to add something to it.
I wished I had more time to figure out how to make the videos bigger.
Hope you like it, Sabine!
This is an adapted version of Grant Lee Buffalo's You Just Have To Be Crazy.

great ending to the video.. gave me a giggle😂🤣😅

Reactions: joo
SO happy to know, Rob!
It was an accident and I made it into part of the video. :--)

Hi again, Sabine. I don't see a limit on songs...
Um...I have another one.
the hummingbirds built this nest outside my library. I made this song about it. I wish I had better footage of them building their nest....

Here are the words...
The internet says that the hummingbird nest is built solely by the female bird.
But I saw the male and female birds building their nest together.
They chose the branch of a potted bougainvillea plant outside my library.
They took about a week to finish their nest while the students went on their term break.
Now that the kids are back, I am worried that some naughty kid might destroy the nest.
It seems like a crazy idea to build a nest at such an exposed location.

But the birds didn't seem to worry....

It would be a shame not to have some crazy golf... I was going to throw this song away as being too silly (which it is) but then in my extensive research on crazy golf I found a site called "Putterfingers" and decided to steal the pun. So I'm posting it anyway.

My office is just across the road from the Old Course in St Andrews. They don't play crazy golf there, I think they consider it beneath them. The closest they have is a very bumpy putting green which they call The Himalayas.

SO happy to know, Rob!
It was an accident and I made it into part of the video. :--)

Hi again, Sabine. I don't see a limit on songs...
Um...I have another one.
the hummingbirds built this nest outside my library. I made this song about it. I wish I had better footage of them building their nest....

Here are the words...
The internet says that the hummingbird nest is built solely by the female bird.
But I saw the male and female birds building their nest together.
They chose the branch of a potted bougainvillea plant outside my library.
They took about a week to finish their nest while the students went on their term break.
Now that the kids are back, I am worried that some naughty kid might destroy the nest.
It seems like a crazy idea to build a nest at such an exposed location.

But the birds didn't seem to worry....

Talking about birds and nests we had a wonderful experience with 5 little blue tits that had just emerged from their bird box... they were so trusting.

About a year ago I went to a gig where the support act was a Nashville songwriter I had not heard of before. After the show I rushed home and scribbled down what I could remember about this one, and managed to find it the next day. Dillon Warnek's "Good Man".

My Mom used to make graham cracker chocolate sandwich cookies. She didn't call them that. She just called them graham cracker cookies. They were always a summertime treat because they did not require heating up the oven. I'm not sure exactly what recipe she used for the frosting, but I know she used cocoa and powdered sugar. I found a recipe online that looks like it would work.

I thought I'd done this song before, but maybe I'm crazy. It's kind of low hanging fruit in this category, and I'm not surprised my Tuesday entry is not the first. Do check out my latest toy that I bought on a recent trip to Bangkok. A full-sized bass.

Does it count if I have the word madness in the lyrics?

Top Bottom