Kala Exotic Baritone SF

pluribus

Reaction score
I can´t seem to find information about this model.
There's someone selling one in my country, but I can´t find anything about it.
Any input please?

The “SF” part probably stands for “satin finish” eg. not glossy.

I agree with @Jim Hanks that it’s probably the exotic mahogany model, KA-BEM.

This model is a laminate. The exotic mahogany may make it look fancier than the regular laminate mahogany KA-B, but when it comes to sound quality they’re both laminate mahogany (and Kala may have only used the more expensive exotic mahogany for the outermost layer on the KA-BEM) so there is probably little to no difference between the KA-B and the KA-BEM except for visually.

Kala’s laminate baritones are pretty good for laminates, nice loud resonant instruments, so if you’re looking for a nice laminate it’s worth checking out. But if you’re looking for something higher-end, this isn’t that.

Here is the picture. Can you please confirm it's a fancier KA-B cause I already own one and I love it. But if it's same, then I will pass.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 11
One more

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2
Yes, it is unlikely to be a huge difference in sound or playability from what you have. So unless you wanted a backup or just like the look, maybe let it pass

Here is the picture. Can you please confirm it's a fancier KA-B cause I already own one and I love it. But if it's same, then I will pass.

Yes, that looks like the KA-BEM, which would just be a fancier-looking KA-B.

That said, it’s beautiful - if it’s in your budget and you like it, the choice is yours!

Top Bottom