Recent content by UkeSlacker

1. UkeSlacker

Strings String tune and tension? Can a floppy string still be in tune?

I stick with the aquilas as my go to strings. They are always bright and bring out natural tone dynamic of the instrument. Aquila strings have a way shorter play life, they wear down quickly, take longer to break in than fluorocarbon. Fluorocarbon line wasn’t designed to be used for stringed...
  2. UkeSlacker

Savares classical guitar strings. The red pack is high tension. Only use the nylon strings.
  3. UkeSlacker

Recommendation for Traditional Hawaiian Music <$500

Check out Romero creations st concert model
  4. UkeSlacker

Recommendation for Traditional Hawaiian Music <$500

C6 is a pretty big deal. If you haven’t already heard of Joel Katz I highly suggest you check him out. He is super knowledgeable and always open to share. As far as an ukulele suggestion I’d aim for concert size uke if you are looking for a generic background uke to play rhythm. I guess...
  5. UkeSlacker

Kala Elite 1/2/3 Koa series ukes

So what your saying is that kala elite build quality shouldn’t be compared to the mass produced kala.
  6. UkeSlacker

Strings Which Of These String Sets Will Exert More Tension On The Bridge?

Are you asking this because you are worried that string tension will pull up the saddle? Or are you looking for the microscopic solution to Solve ultimate playability on a soprano uke.
  7. UkeSlacker

Kala Elite 1/2/3 Koa series ukes

I’ll check the ukes out. I’m really bummed about my recent purchase of a kala uke. The fret space and string space plays like a small concert and I have had to keep the battery pack secure with painters tape and makeshift cardboard wedge.
  8. UkeSlacker

I bet it’s the worst I’m not familiar with those stings. What I can tell you is that if you are looking for the best balance and consistency in sound, I suggest that all of your stings are made from the same material. If you want to go deeper down the rabbit hole I’ll give you a pro secret...
  9. UkeSlacker

Why Mango?

Don’t be afraid of the color contrast. Spalted looks better to me.
  10. UkeSlacker

Why Mango?

The spalted mango is super pretty. You don’t get many mango made ukes that look like that. I love mine. It plays killer and bright. Let me know what you think when you get it.
  11. UkeSlacker

For Sale Grimes Tenor Quilted Maple or Tenor Red Koa or Concert Redwood/Brazilian 2020, 2020,2022

that “red koa” was one of Steve’s favorite. I bet that maple sounds crisp.
  12. UkeSlacker

No longer available Thread closed. See updated listing

Built in reverb. Traditional Hawaiian tone on steroids. The only thing you forgot to mention is that when you say morphin time it brings world peace. Kikaida activation!!!
  13. UkeSlacker

Looking for honest feedback

No one should buy an instrument not knowing how it sounds. That’s the silliest.
  14. UkeSlacker

Looking for honest feedback

it’s just sad to see 3rd party comments and requests, negatively influence the marketplace post and in some cases have it removed all together by referring to the recommended guidelines set. I find that silly. If you are a serious buyer it should be handled directly with the seller through...
Top Bottom