Recent content by Uke with Smitty

1. Uke with Smitty

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD- Koaloha KTNP-00 Tenor

Thanks! I’m really enjoying it. And yes, it’s pretty cool that we’ve all been UU members 😂
  2. Uke with Smitty

Thank, Jan! Like I said, don’t know if it was an actual review or just me getting excited about my new uke…haha. Lots more home concerts to come on this thing!
  3. Uke with Smitty

Thanks for the kind words. I also really like the rounded edges. Doesn’t cut into my arm at all. So many little details to like about this thing. If the light mango cut on the side gets darker, hey that’s cool. The variation in the 2 different mango cuts looks cool to me!
  4. Uke with Smitty

Ahh okay cool. Before buying it I watched just about every video on the Naupaka series I could find, and his was one of them. Thanks for passing on the info! I’m very thrilled to be the third owner 👍 My first foray into K brand ukes after years of dreaming
  5. Uke with Smitty

Awesome…I promise I’ll take good care of her! 😆 Where did you buy it from, if you don’t mind me asking?
  6. Uke with Smitty

A couple recent mandolin videos

Thanks, I appreciate that! 👍
  7. Uke with Smitty

Thanks, I’ll do that!
  8. Uke with Smitty

I was going to write out a long-ish post, then decided to just make a video instead. The short of it is this thing is amazing, it’s my first K-brand uke, @ZJS is a great seller, and I’m very, very pleased with it! 👍👍👍 Side note, does Koaloha make shirts besides the button down aloha shirt...
  9. Uke with Smitty

Looks like Eastman ukes are back

Couldn’t agree more. The concert I had sounded like it was $1000 or more and I think I paid $350 or something like that used
  10. Uke with Smitty

I used to have an Eastman and they make great instruments. Check these 2 videos out to give you an idea:
  11. Uke with Smitty

For the mahogany tenor model, it looks like the only big difference is the finish is satin now instead of nitrocellulose and the binding is slightly different.
  12. Uke with Smitty

If you look on Eastman’s website, they have new ukulele models listed again. https://www.eastmanguitars.com/acoustic_more They haven’t made ukes in several years, but I used to own an EU3C (concert) and holy smokes that thing punched WAY above its weight class for the price. Side note...
  13. Uke with Smitty

Sold Koaloha KTNP-00 Naupaka Series Koa & Hawaiian Mango Tenor

Just arrived! The pictures and sound sample didn’t do this thing justice. I will type up an NUD post soon, but my first little bit of time playing this thing absolutely knocked my socks off. It’s the best sounding uke I’ve ever played! @ZJS is a great seller to work with! Prompt shipping and...
  14. Uke with Smitty

What’s your opinion on this type of handwritten tab?

Appreciate the responses on both of these! There’s a lot I could say, and I don’t know where to start. But your example of a channel with over $100,000 subscribers that can’t make any money excellently illustrates the point that the average YouTuber certainly ain’t rolling in money! And good...
  15. Uke with Smitty

What’s your opinion on this type of handwritten tab?

Just to throw this out there…the average YouTuber isn’t making a dime. Sure, there are a few people at the top who are making an insane amount, but just to give you an example, I have over 3,000 subscribers, have posted 113 videos throughout a timespan of 4 years, and have 185,643 views at the...
Top Bottom