Recent content by socal16

1. socal16

Ahhh, Those Dodgers

Now I’m watching the d-backs get their butts kicked by the Phillies which piles on the misery for dodgers fans 😒
  2. socal16

Ahhh, Those Dodgers

What a miserable, humiliating and depressing ending for the second year in a row! The Dodgers have been great in the regular season but without starting pitching they didn’t stand a chance. At least I’ll always have the memory of seeing the Kirk Gibson hr in the ’88 World Series.
  3. socal16

Great historical ukulele quotes

Dirty Harry to his luthier… “go ahead, make my uke”
  4. socal16

Soprano, Concert, Tenor, Baritone: When/How Did You Know?

I have a “long neck soprano” that I really like a lot. It has that soprano sound with a more comfortable fret board. This one is a solid ‘hog Ohana that was reasonably priced and well set up from Mim. I believe you’d like it.
  5. socal16

More Mods! Welcome to @ploverwing and @Arcy!

I haven’t posted too much over the years but I enjoy reading the threads. Hats off to these fine volunteers who will keep this forum engaging and informative. After all, we all love this fun little instrument and there is always something new to learn!
  6. socal16

What do you play when 1st asked

Something dark like Sister Morphine or Black Peter (they’d never ask again). For a child I’d play Going to the Hukilau.
  7. socal16

Bore oil for fretboards

Wait until you hear me play, then recommend gasoline!
  8. socal16

Early baritones who made what and when?

My mother took me to the music store (ca. 1960) when I was 11 y.o. and bought me a baritone uke. I think it was meant to be a starter instrument for guitar. Years later I traded it for a guitar (mistake!) and I’ve always wondered what uke it was.
  9. socal16

Location, please

Tap on your avatar on the top line, account details, location
  10. socal16

Location, please

I like to know where people are from yet most members don’t put a location in their account info. I’m from beautiful Altadena California in the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains near the Rose Bowl. Don’t you want to know where people are located? Doug
  11. socal16

How to not get ripped-off in a ukulele buying transaction

I recently listed a uke on UU and the potential buyer had just joined UU five hours earlier! Needless to say I was skeptical to say the least. She was in NY and I’m in CA. It turns out her bf is in LA and we met in person for the cash transaction and all went well.
  12. socal16

Ahhh, Those Dodgers

Well, I’ve read all the stories in the LA Times this morning to complete my depression. This series was the sorriest display of non-baseball by the Dodgers… ever. This may be sour grapes but…. Gooo Phillies!
  13. socal16

Ahhh, Those Dodgers

That was a tough loss to say the least… to the padres… how low can you go 😩
  14. socal16

Ahhh, Those Dodgers

This is looking pretty grim. These are the guys that averaged over a 5 runs a game.
  15. socal16

Ahhh, Those Dodgers

I was watching the game on tv…. Very surreal.
Top Bottom