Recent content by SebastianF

1. SebastianF

Looking for a tenor, mango?

I'm also happy to own and play an AMM3 and can confirm everyting said above. I also have the cedar & koa birds from Anuenue, and the AMM3 is made just as impeccably well (it is made by the same team of luthiers after all). The voice though, beautiful as it is, I would say, is very different to...
  2. SebastianF

Tenor recommendations $250-$300 price range

Basically yes, though this is just my view and might be a bit radical. ;) It would be my pick in your price bracket and probably a bit beyond. And if you are beyond, say 500 $/€ ish, the step up to the mentioned models is absolutely worth it imo. That is if you like the sound. If you like...
  3. SebastianF

Wagas Ukuleles Factory Tour

Cutting single piece sides, neck- and end block from one massive 'mahogany' slab on a band saw? I guess luthiers here will go o_O. Not that going an unconventional route is always bad, but I am thinking, with all that offcut, this seems like such a waste of wood... :(
  4. SebastianF

Tenor recommendations $250-$300 price range

It is neither cedar nor arcacia, but in that price range I would suggest the Enya EUT-MS if you can get your hands on one (that's the satin one, not the gloss models). Rip the Titaniums off and put on some nice flurocarbon strings on though, I tried Martins in high G and Uke Logics with wound...
  5. SebastianF

Koaloha Opio Tenor Acacia Wood (KTO-10)

These are serious instruments and sound lovely. I own one myself and play it from time to time, even though I also have a koa KTM-00. Great offer at 400$, someone should go get it. :)
  6. SebastianF

I don't think this is cool at all

Which names if I may ask? (I don't like to give him all the clicks he doesn't deserve)
  7. SebastianF

About to pull trigger for Anuenue Moonbird UT-200

If it is not the price, and you like the sound, then I would argue no. I mean, that uke really pushed the boundaries when it came out and still does, rightfully so. I love my UT214 & UT3K (same build as the Moonbird but with cedar & koa). There is pros and cons to this approach, but if you are...
  8. SebastianF

Uluru ukes

And regarding the price of the Koa, it is the priciest of the woods they offer for customs. Also their Lehua with all of its appointments compares in price to, say an Anuenue UT-3K with similar appointments and woods. And Barry on GotAUkulele praised its sound too.
  9. SebastianF

Uluru ukes

I had thought to mention this when I wrote in the post linked above about Ulurus being talked about rather sparingly here. But then again their marketing is hardly existent when you compare them to other brands. Regarding this incident, to paint the whole picture, Uluru offers custom builds...
  10. SebastianF

Uluru ukes

Generally good to be a bit cautious with the use of the word koa, however ask Matt at World of Ukes. From all the ukes that he has had in his hands, he chose a Lehua IIIc as his private uke and that is made from Hawaiian Koa and not some other acacia. So is the Pukana La series and you can also...
  11. SebastianF

Uluru ukes

I play two of their tenors and both are top notch ukes. I recently wrote a few sencences about these in another thread, see here.
  12. SebastianF

NUD: pair of Enyas

Good advice! And these sound beautiful with good fluorocarbon strings & Low G, for a demo what it can sound like listen to Ryan Coads video on this uke on youtube.
  13. SebastianF

Shop designed exclusive ukuleles, are they popular amongst the uke community?

Like others have written before, I see shop exclusive models as additions to the maker's standard models. Often times a good uke shop makes wise choices in picking the maker & build and sells them for a reasonable price. You mentioned Uluru. I own 2 of their tenors (among Anuenues, K-Brands &...
  14. SebastianF

One-Piece Double Tuners

I guess your friend bought an APC (they are made in Portugal). Their tuners are most probably not Ruberners. (Just as a sidenote for other readers, what APC claims as "koa" is not koa but some other acacia - a little shady if you ask me.)
  15. SebastianF

One-Piece Double Tuners

I don't have any experience with these, but I know Rubner uses the 2-tuners-on-1-plate design for ukes. See https://www.rubnertuners.com/ukulele-machines
Top Bottom