Recent content by rainbow21

1. rainbow21

Low G Trying to figure out which tuning pegs brand(s) I should buy.

I recommend waiting to get the ukulele and having it around for a bit. You may grow to like them, or at least tolerate them to not have to jump through more hoops trying to buy and change tuners.
  2. rainbow21

Nova U Mini modification - Silent Practice Uke

Try this and see if it works for you… Take a microfiber cloth and drape it over the bridge and the first few inches of the strings. It will be softer without sustain. Move it higher (toward nut) to decrease volume more and adjust to taste. An unwashed sock may also work. :)
  3. rainbow21

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD- Koaloha KTNP-00 Tenor

KoAloha has produced tshirts for sale (I have one from a visit there). Best to contact them directly to see if any are currently available.
  4. rainbow21

Low G Planning on a Low G Concert. Help me choose?

Would guess that the hole is plenty large. I have a few string through bridges and hole diameter is not a concern for low G strings.
  5. rainbow21

Subscribe to Ukulele Magazine

They also have a Patreon page where you can make a monthly donation (in addition to a subscription)
  6. rainbow21

Question About Fly Me To The Moon

Not spotting the hammer ons. But two alternatives are to use a slide or (easiest) to just play the notes separately, as if no hammer on.
  7. rainbow21

Please, somebody buy this

This is pretty wild (and there is also a baritone model): https://theukulelesite.com/shop-by/custom-builds/kanile-a-pohaku-maple-tenor-28170.html
  8. rainbow21

KraftGeek Music Stand

One review noted that the angle is adjustable some, but not enough (horizontally) for some musicians that stand (like trumpet players?).
  9. rainbow21

For Sale Inexpensive Concert

Be aware that it may cost close to $65 to ship
  10. rainbow21

Please, somebody buy this

Stu Fuchs is selling this Klos Carbon fiber Acoustic-Electric tenor for $750 plus shipping: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1058276975262991/ He also is listing a Flight for $500
  11. rainbow21

KraftGeek Music Stand

The whole shebang: stand, phone attachment, light, and case is $149 at Amazon. Looks nice if you travel with your stand a lot and it meets your needs (like not too heavy material to cause the length to shorten). Otherwise, much cheaper is available but likely not as portable or slick on its...
  12. rainbow21

Cocobolo and the Ukulele Site

Your name was the first one I looked for :)
  13. rainbow21

The Tenor is King

Fortunately, no matter how many people buy tenor ukuleles, my choice of concert is unaffected in all ways but one... there are less custom concerts to tempt me and my UAS. Perhaps a way of thinking about this is like the choice of ice cream flavors... you can choose vanilla, strawberry, or...
  14. rainbow21

Anyone played a new Oli uke?

From the notes on the youtube link: Before starting the Pono Master Series and now ‘Oli with luthier Ryan Condon, I had tried a lattice braced custom uke that sounded loud but strident to me, and then ones from other builders that sound big and warm with rich overtones that I absolutely loved...
  15. rainbow21

Anyone played a new Oli uke?

I assume 2257 indicates that the build year is 2022. This one sold for $2295 (probably in 2022): https://theukulelesite.com/ko-olau-koa-tenor-t1-2257.html
Top Bottom