Recent content by mitchchang

1. mitchchang

Festival 2024 (8th annual) Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Dr, Torrance CA https://losangelesukulelefestival.com September 20, 2024 5pm-8pm Friday night luau meet-and-greet, an evening of luau food & entertainment, mixing & mingling with festival artists - this WILL sell out! September 21, 2024 9am-6pm...
  2. mitchchang

Uke Jam/Club Ukulele Gathering in San Pedro CA

We are meeting up 7pm tonight! Collage: a Place for Art and Culture, 731 South Pacific Avenue, San Pedro, CA, 90731
  3. mitchchang

Festival 2023 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

Here's a nice little NPR piece on the 2023 festival featuring the "secret origin" of our ukulele friends Peter, Genevieve, Peter, Paula & Hector. I listen to NPR all the time so it's quite surreal to hear Steve Chiotakis talking about me - well... not "me" per se but close enough! Click on the...
  4. mitchchang

What did you do today? Anything hobby-related.

Excellent!!!
  5. mitchchang

LA Ukulele Festival My First

Alan, I especially liked hearing this part: There's a group that meets Saturdays 9:00am to 11:30am at the Anderson Park Senior Center (3007 Vail Avenue) in N. Redondo Beach, you should join up with them
  6. mitchchang

Unfortunately no, the videographer basically backed out at the last minute. I totally would have loved to watch the performances again too!
  7. mitchchang

https://www.facebook.com/keyofchee Huge MAHALO to Craig Chee for these amazing photos capturing the spirit of the incredible weekend we all shared together I want to express my gratitude to all the artists and teachers who were so excited to share their talents and mana'o, friends who pitched...
  8. mitchchang

LAST DAY TODAY OF THE 2023 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival! Don't miss out Peter Luongo's "Take Your Ukulele Ensemble to the Next Level" and "Vocal Arranging" classes, Bryan Tolentino's "Hawaiian Song Structure" and Sarah Maisel's "Life After the Third Fret" workshops - PLUS -...
  9. mitchchang

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE TOMORROW AND SUNDAY!!!!
  10. mitchchang

If you still haven't purchased your tickets...what are you waiting for??? There are less than 200 tickets left for next week Saturday Sept 23 and about the same number for Sunday Sept 24 so you better grab yours before they're gone! All day workshops, performances, strum-along's, open mic...
  11. mitchchang

Here are the models Corey & Kalei will be bringing with them to the festival that you can preorder - highly recommended!!! These instruments are just amazing ANueNue UT200 Bird Series Moon Spruce Rosewood Tenor Ukulele ANueNue UC214 Cedar Moon Bird Concert Ukulele ANueNue AMM3 African Mahogany...
  12. mitchchang

Tickets for all-day access Saturday 9/23...
  13. mitchchang

Folks, don't forget about Sunday, Day 3! Click here for tickets Peter Luongo, leader of the Legacy Ukulele Ensemble (who will be performing Saturday) will be teaching 2 workshops" Vocal Arranging" and "Take Your Ensemble To The Next Level" - plus more artist performances and strum-along's...
  14. mitchchang

Aside from the possible post-festival video donation project, Kiwanis is planning to be there with a booth to collect donations to be funneled to Maui Kiwanis. There's nothing stopping you from making donations directly online to whoever you want - Maui Food Bank, Maui Humane Society, etc
Top Bottom