Recent content by Lillymo

1. Lillymo

MagicFluke Flea vs other polycarbonates

I have a Flea and a Flight TUS-35 which also has a plastic body and a laminate top. I enjoy them both and honestly, they are very VERY similar in sound and feel. The most obvious differences are aesthetic. Another consideration; the Flea's neck is a bit bulky and an unusual shape; I initially...
  2. Lillymo

Flea or Fluke?

I have a soprano Flea and recently compared it side by side with a friend's concert Fluke. They both have squared off necks that take some getting to used to. My friend and I agreed that the Flea's smaller neck made it more comfortable to play than the larger Fluke.
  3. Lillymo

Flea serial numbers? colors? dates?

Thank you all, for responding! In November, 2017, following Booli's suggestion, I emailed The Magic Fluke company and heard back from Phyllis the next day. She wrote: "Happy to help though we can’t give you a specific date... If you look inside to see the soundhole sticker where you found the...
  4. Lillymo

Flight Ultra Soprano Travel Ukulele

Looks like Uke Republic has them in Ink, Sand and Ether or to not-so-ultra mortals (like me) black, yellow and blue: www.ukerepublic.com/apps/search?q=ultra
  5. Lillymo

I had the same thought! The Southern Ukulele Store did a video featuring the Flight UTS-35 Ultra Travel Ukulele and the Enya Nova U Concert. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but close. To hear sound samples side by side, go to 2:39 and 5:20.
  6. Lillymo

Got A Ukulele reviewed the Flight UTS-35 Ultra Travel Ukulele - sounds promising! https://www.gotaukulele.com/2023/01/flight-uts-35-ultra-travel-ukulele.html I've really enjoyed my Flight TUS-35 Travel Soprano with a laminate top. I'm hoping Flight has plans for a concert size Ultra. I think a...
  7. Lillymo

Low G on an Enya Nova? Seeking String Advice

I reached out To Oasis Inc. to ask about the string gauges of their All Fluorocarbon Low G Sets, they replied: The only difference between the two sets is the UKE-8101’s first string measures .023”. UKE-8001F Bright All Fluorocarbon Strings, Low G 1st .0215” 2nd .027” 3rd .030” 4th .0355”...
  8. Lillymo

Enya Pineapple Volume and Sound?

Has anybody tried a Low G on their Enya X1 HPL Pineapple?
  9. Lillymo

Oasis warm vs living water

I haven't tried them, but Oasis also has All Fluorocarbon Low G sets: 8001F Bright or 8101F Warm. Would love to hear from anybody who has given either a strum, pick or plunk. I'd also like to know if anybody has a preference for Oasis warm or bright and why. Thanks!
  10. Lillymo

Low G on an Enya Nova? Seeking String Advice

Great discussion! I had the same question and reached out to Enya in November 2022. They wrote back: "The Nova U is compatible with unwound strings. Please see the Enya unwound low G strings here." I asked if the slot in the nut would need to be modified to accommodate their low G and if I...
  11. Lillymo

Enya Nova U case options

It sounds like Spindock has found a gig bag that'll work for him, terrific! I don’t know how long they’ve been available, but in November 2022 my Enya Nova U Concert, came with a clamshell case that has a single shoulder strap. It’s adjustable but it may not be long enough for everybody to use...
  12. Lillymo

Where to buy a ukulele in Atlanta GA?

Thank you! I'll pass that along and I just might paint a ukulele myself! I'd love to see a forum thread where people shared ukuleles they've painted. (is "PIY" a thing?”) Have you ever come across one? If it doesn't exist, I'm nominating you (@Oldscruggsfan) to start one!
  13. Lillymo

@Oldscruggsfan LOVE your Yowling Ginger Tom DIY! Coincidentally, my friend also paints (attached pink rabbit with tiny house is one of hers.) What kind of paint did you use? Did you do anything to prep the surface before painting?
  14. Lillymo

Just a little update. I talked to my friend over Facetime and she showed me her ukulele. The brand is ADM - besides the name on the headstock, it's pretty much identical to my brother's inexpensive but playable uke. When I saw that it has friction tuners, I showed her how to adjust them so that...
  15. Lillymo

Thank you! I’ve seen a zillion ukulele demos posted by Uke Republic on YouTube, I didn’t know that they're near Atlanta. Excellent suggestion!
Top Bottom