Recent content by Papa John

1. Papa John

Anyone played a new Oli uke?

The Thomastik-Infeld strings like a 22" or 23" or more scale length. My guess is that you could drop the .016E and use a .024 for the E and .025 for the B...might work. gets a little expensive experimenting with $4 strings. cheers
  2. Papa John

the 'Oli baritone does have an adjustable truss rod
  3. Papa John

Sold 2021 Kamaka HF-4 baritone ukulele

I'm trying to sell this beautiful ukulele because I'm switching to radius fretboards...only reason!
  4. Papa John

they're gonna let me know when the next batch arrives. I gotta sell some stuff.
  5. Papa John

i';m gonna have to have the ebony one too...
  6. Papa John

done locally. Very nice job...really nice in a large mob. The tenors and concerts can drown out a baritone
  7. Papa John

in an as new Kamaka case unmarked solid koa HF-4 Kamaka baritone no cracks or structural issues...factory unmodified action custom side port is loud Waverly strap buttons
  8. Papa John

TUS got a couple more cedar/rosewood L2 baritones in...they were gone in few hours.
  9. Papa John

K Brand Baritone

Kamaka all the way. In a group, the Kanilea can disappear due to it's lack of volume. Kanilea's are beautifully built and finished but so are Kamaka's...and the side dot is at the 10th fret instead of the 9th on the Kanilea. If you want a baritone with a "K" on the peghead, and you can't...
  10. Papa John

Super-sized Baritone?

gold Tone is steel strings and 1 1/4 width(or less) nut. The new Pono's with lattice bracing are the best. As strung from factory they sound like a big baritone ukulele. Strung with Thomastik-Infeld wound nylon, they sound like a nylon string guitar.
  11. Papa John

No longer available Martin B-51 baritone ukulele w/ fiberglass case

fabulous B-51 Martin baritone ukulele no nicks, cracks or scratches...some near invisible strumming marks that will polish out custom, well done side sound port Waverly tuners and strap buttons C.F. Martin labelled Crossrock fiberglass case I'd call it mint but for the mods... and almost...
  12. Papa John

didn't get much time to examine my new 'Oli yesterday. it came late, I installed strap buttons and headed off to a jam. Today, I've had a chance to really look at it. The fit and finish is as close to perfect as I've seen. A look thru the side port at the bracing show beautiful workmanship...
  13. Papa John

my L2 rosewood baritone is here...everything I hoped for and more. Wow
  14. Papa John

My 'Oli rosewood/cedar baritone will be here Monday. The demo video was enough to sell me. I replaced my Pono nuis with lattice braced versions after I saw the video as well. The lattice bracing is a huge improvement. A friend I play with is doing the same, only hers is ebony. 2 of the last...
  15. Papa John

Sold Heritage baritone w/case

Koa buttons on Waverly tuners bump
Top Bottom