Recent content by itsme

1. itsme

Scarborough fair tabs

Unfortunately, my main PC took a dump two days ago and I just haven't been in the mood to deal with it. I know I have tons of tabs on there and several versions of this piece. So I moved to another PC in the "office". It just so happens to be the only room in the house with an AC unit, and...
  2. itsme

Sunday August 9 in Pasadena, CA

USC Pacific Asia Museum has its monthly free admission Sunday with a performance by Ukulele Time Machine (featuring Jason Arimoto and Brad Rinola from U-Space). I've been to workshops with both Jason and Brad, and they're both incredible players. Performance is at 2pm, followed by an open jam...
  3. itsme

Classical Tabs wanted!

What sites have you found so far? Not to sound snarky, but surely you've googled it by now. There's actually quite a lot out there.
  4. itsme

2015 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

Anyone in NE L.A. interested in carpooling? I'm in Highland Park/Eagle Rock, close to Glendale and Pasadena.
  5. itsme

Surf City Ukulele Festival

Sounds like fun, looked up the info, but I really have to say the $85 ticket price is somewhat beyond my current budget. Mitch Chang's L.A. Uke Fest in Torrance is two weekends later for only $35, so if I had to choose... Best wishes with it. It's always great to see more uke happenings. :)
  6. itsme

Sor Étude in B minor re entrant tabs

Looking forward to trying this. Never seen it arranged for re-entrant before. :)
  7. itsme

Robert de Visee - Prelude from suite in A minor (low-G ukulele and guitar)

Cool. What's funny is that, while I noticed the alphabetic notation, I completely missed that it was only five strings. :p
  8. itsme

Robert de Visee - Prelude from suite in A minor (low-G ukulele and guitar)

Thanks! I am curious why you would use alphabetic notation in the tab of the guitar score. After staring at it for a while, I figured out that "a" is an open string, "b" is first fret, etc. I believe this is how some lute tabulature was written, but I have never seen it used for guitar before.
  9. itsme

Ukulele-Along?

Recently realized that I hadn't heard anything about this year's installment. So I wrote the Music Center. Twice. And they haven't responded. Yes, I'm on their mailing list, and they send frequent reminders asking me to donate to keep the causes I care about active. The annual Uke-alongs...
  10. itsme

New Tony Mizen book on the way!

Just saw this cruising thru Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Romantic-Ukulele-Arranged-Performed-Songbook/dp/1495022544/ It's not quite out yet, but I put it on my wish list and will be checking regularly. I know there are a lot of other fans of his "Lute to Uke" and "Baroque Uke" books here. I...
  11. itsme

"What is this thing called Aloha?"

A little park recently opened near me. The lot it sits on used to have a gas station, so that's how "little" it truly is. I walk down there frequently, there are usually lots of kids playing on the equipment. There is a "free library" table, take a book, leave a book, whatever. Yesterday I...
  12. itsme

Song Help Request I bet my life

This came up quick in a search: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/i/imagine_dragons/i_bet_my_life_ver3_crd.htm Chords are chords, and guitar chord/lyric sheets (they aren't really tabs!) work the same for uke.
  13. itsme

UkeJam By The Bay - Sat. May 30th, 2015. San Francisco (OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT)

So where are the pics?! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see some. :)
  14. itsme

Marin Marais - La Reveuse

That fixed it! Thank you so much. :)
  15. itsme

Minuette - Tab

I love me some De Visee. Thanks!
Top Bottom