Recent content by FatherMother

1. F

Sold A $65 Guardian Vintage Case with a free Decca Soprano and for a limited time a set of Martin M600 strings!

Had I seen your post on Monday morning, I suspect I would've been very tempted to buy this from you. I live in Los Angeles, but was in the north east for the eclipse. Drove from Saratoga Springs, NY to Barton, VT and made a pit stop in Hanover on the way back after many hours of nonstop...
  2. F

How many ukes have you got? (expanded poll)

As of Tuesday, I now own 9.5 ukuleles. The .5 is because I co-bought one with a friend so that we each could feel better about ourselves for getting yet another one. The recent Monday purchase was as a souvenir from my trip to see the total eclipse. I got a vintage Harmony concert from the...
  3. F

Check out my wacky old Bonanza

Two of my favorite things! I love it, thanks for sharing.
  4. F

Sold Spruce and Figured maple lattice braced Tenor

I think this is absolutely beautiful and I have clicked on your post several times to look at it. The price is incredible, too! Like others here, I have too many ukuleles at the moment :( and not enough time to play them. I also really liked the last one you made and posted on this board...
  5. F

Fat White Strings

The nylguts and super nylguts are really good for sliding - in my experience, they are consistent and louder for sliding than fluorocarbons, maybe because they are fatter. I have a luthier-made spruce-top tenor that came to me with nylguts and it sounded wonderful. When it finally came time to...
  6. F

Successful ear surgery for hearing

Thank you so much for this posting. I'd never heard of Otosclerosis. Your description of the condition, procedure, and your attitude toward it were all written so concisely and with a refreshingly light frankness (I'm not describing it properly right now!). It was pleasant to read!! I'm only...
  7. F

Dusting off my collection

I need to do this, too. End of last year, I did bring a different one every week with me to school to show to my new ukulele student and to give each of the ukus a little love. It's helpful for them to see/hear/try different sizes, strings, necks, and tone woods, and I can give them a little...
  8. F

Sold Kamaka White Label Tenor Ukulele

Hi! I just sent you a PM.
  9. F

New Uke Day (NUD) The L'uke

My friend is the person who bought Tukanu's other lutulele that was originally listed back in April?. I'd fawned over it for months and thought about buying it, but had already bought too many ukuleles last year. Then my friend told me she wanted another one and now I get to live vicariously...
  10. F

Sold Cuckoo for Coconuts

oh my god it's magical!
  11. F

For Trade For Trade: 4 Packs of Aquila Tenor Strings - 2 Lava/2 Regular

Hi, that's perfectly ok with me, thanks for posting this. I'll send you a PM.
  12. F

Please, somebody buy this

I wonder what happened to Ann. I've never before seen an inside label inscribed with the name of it's presumed owner.
  13. F

For Trade For Trade: 4 Packs of Aquila Tenor Strings - 2 Lava/2 Regular

Hi! I have a set of Worth Brown BT 63 strings for tenor, high-G. As you might know, Worth strings are sold as double length (enough for 2 ukuleles), so this is an open pack and I've used half of the length to string up another ukulele already. There's plenty left - the shortest string is the...
  14. F

Can you play only on the fretboard?

Yeah, I reacted to this the same way as Rusty and Bill Sheehan. Perhaps her delivery of this message was done well, though? Looking for a positive here - maybe she was trying to be helpful. Anyway, in the fingerstyle guitar world, there are many talented folks who play this way, except they...
Top Bottom