Recent content by DelGriff

1. DelGriff

SOTU 635: Castles

Please excuse the brief interruption, but I just want to announce that the wrap for Season 634 has just been posted! 🙂
  2. DelGriff

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

Season 634 Wrap Good evening everyone - and a huuuuuge thank you for your music and your friendship - and especially for making this the very special little corner of the internet that it is. Please know that I appreciate you all very, very much! We have 75 fabulous songs on the playlist - now...
  3. DelGriff

During my recent bout of laryngitis (did I mention that I had laryngitis?😆), I still ‘attended’ the Saturday Seasonista Zoom open mic meetings. As I couldn’t sing, one week I just strummed a simple chord progression I’d been working on, with the intention of turning it into a proper song when my...
  4. DelGriff

Thanks for hosting, Sabine. 🙂 I heard this song as a kid on the radio in the ‘70s and it had quite an impact on me. Yes it’s a bit cheesy, but it made me properly realise how lucky I was to be born into a loving and stable family environment. Prompted by Sabine’s theme to listen to it again, it...
  5. DelGriff

Three of my most favourite songs in the whole wide world contain castles - I’ve covered them all relatively recently (and my voice probably still isn't quite good enough yet to attempt them again, anyway). They are: Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell If You Could Read My Mind by Gordon Lightfoot...
  6. DelGriff

Big thanks to Ralf and Sabine for bringing the Season to a close, and big thanks to everyone for participating this week. It has, as usual, been a joy to host, and I would encourage anyone who hasn’t hosted before to jump in and have a go - you won’t regret it! My voice is definitely on the...
  7. DelGriff

With just a few hours left of the Season, could everyone please check that your songs are on the playlist and that I’ve left a comment on your YouTube channel for each one. Any omissions will be human error, not deliberate and easily rectified. As far as I know, I’ve listened to every second of...
  8. DelGriff

Oooh - I think that’s Bodiam Castle - not too far from here and well worth a visit if you’re ever in the area! :-)
  9. DelGriff

Morning folks! I’ve fallen a bit behind with my listening/commenting duties. I’ll be back this evening to catch up with everything - your patience is appreciated! :)
  10. DelGriff

He won’t be able to stop himself - he has turret’s syndrome!
  11. DelGriff

I did two things today that I’ve never done before. Firstly, I met up in real life with another Seasonista. And secondly, I recorded a Seasons video (with the aforementioned Seasonista) in the open air. Charldene @charldene and her charming hubby Scott are in London for a few days, and they...
  12. DelGriff

ANNOUNCEMENT - I know there are a few of you approaching the 6 song limit for the Season. I have a busy weekend ahead, but I’m happy to increase the limit to 7 songs each - that’s only one extra, so choose wisely! Thank you all again for a super week - have fun! 🙂
  13. DelGriff

Thank you all for your wonderful music. And a big welcome to our two new Seasonistas - please everyone check out their excellent debut vids! I’m looking forward to another catch-up session after work later. And thank you also for your good wishes regarding my voice, which seems to be returning...
  14. DelGriff

As you were, John - changed my mind - “say/saying/said” will be okay! 🙂
  15. DelGriff

I’ve been asked by PM if “say/saying/said” in the song lyrics/title would qualify for the Season. It’s a tricky one, but I’m going to say no - I don’t think it relates closely enough to the actual sound being made in the process. Sorry! Edit: after further consideration I’ve changed my mind on...
Top Bottom