Recent content by clear

1. C

Post of picture of

Your uke (that's singular) where the scenery either compliments the uke or matches the music you play most (the inclusion of the musician is optional). Of course, you are not limited to just 1 pic; but, please, limit 1 picture per post (so that I can see which pic is the most liked) AND please...
  2. C

Ask the person after you a random question

If it's in a spot that needs killing, I ask my wife to kill it. Do you like math puzzles?
  3. C

For guitar players, what draws you to pick up the uke?

Ukulele has a sound/look that is very desirable for many situations, especially for children, folk and Hawaiian music.
  4. C

Scared to upgrade…

As mentioned previously, action can be adjusted. You can buy from an online shop that allows returns (e.g. sweetwater, Musician's friend, even Amazon); then you are only out shipping costs if you don't like it.
  5. C

Yes; in the last 2 years, I finally figured out that I should sing in tune. On a scale of 1 (least) -10 (most); how fortunate in life do you think you are?
  6. C

Pet pictures time, people!

Thanks, but the credit probably should go to the goldfish themselves. They are very hardy fish compared to the other aquarium fishes. Fretz was our first goldfish. Acutally, we bought him with 1 other goldfish (we named that other goldfish Stockfish; it isn't the one pictured). Stockfish died...
  7. C

Pet pictures time, people!

Did you know goldfish can live 30-40 years? I didn't know! We got these after my son's first visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium (10 years ago). Actually, he wanted a hermit crab but I convinced him to switch to goldfish because I thought the crab's life expectancy of 8-10 years was too long :)...
  8. C

Gloss vs satin

I'm under the impression that gloss finsh protects better; so I never wipe down my gloss instruments. Actually, come to think of it, I don't wipe down my satin instruments much either. I only wipe them down when they feel too sticky or I want to take a pretty picture. I think I'm just lazy :)
  9. C

Gloss vs satin

Yes, it does. Here's my Kamaka HF-1 that's played pretty much daily since I boguth it in 2020. Notice the shine on the bottom edge of the lower bout where my arm rests on it (it is actually much more noticebale in person). I love this type of wear on satin finishes (kind of like leather...
  10. C

Building a dreadnaught guitar

That's a very nice looking guitar! I especially like how the woodgrain on the back curves with the body shape; plus that silking on the top is just beautiful. Congrats!
  11. C

Yes. Airplane was perfectly good, and I didn't even have a parachute. What fruits did you eat the past week?
  12. C

Interesting fact about our little soprano uke

Yes, there was some talk about different tunings on the tour. If I remember correctly, I think our current tuning was the original. Some time later, the alternate tuning you mentioned (although I think I remember hearing F# or a Bb when the presenter mentioned the tuning) became a thing on the...
  13. C

I usually go once a year or two (usually Xmas/holiday concerts); but I've been switching it to stage plays/performances for the last couple years before COVID. Last year, I bought a subscription and attended 6 concerts; a combination of end of COVID and my new-found love of music thanks to the...
  14. C

Seinfeld and Simpsons. If you must move to a different country, which one will that be?
  15. C

Building a dreadnaught guitar

Thanks for keeping this thread so up-to-date. It's almost like I'm right there building the guitar! Since resale isn't a concern, do you plan to put any personalized inlay into the fretbaord (or other personalization on the guitar beyond wood choices)?
Top Bottom