SOLD...David Hanson Cripple Creek Red Cedar/Koa Soprano F/S

richntacoma

Reaction score
For sale, 2021 David Hanson, Cripple Creek, soprano ukulele. Red Cedar Top, Koa back and sides, mesquite fretboard. 13 3/4" scale with a 1 1/2" nut. Nice deep 2 1/2" body at the tail. Grover tuners.

This is actually an amazing uke, if you like a bit of a thicker, fatter neck, and more spacing on the fretboard (think Kala elite). The neck is the only reason I am selling it—I like them super thin (plus, 3500 bucks in custom ukes coming!). It is loud, resonant, and slightly guitar like. It sounds more like a concert to me (A very, very good concert).

When I received this uke, it buzzed pretty badly. So, I took it to my luthier here for a nut change (this is NOT cheap, lol) and a set up to get the action nice and low with no buzzing). This is great for strummers now! So, it is freshly set up and perfect. It is great shape, nearly mint, with the smallest scratches on the soundboard that you can only see if you move it around and hit the light just so (you all know those!). It has a mylar pick guard to protect the soft cedar. The Koa is lovely, and the maple bindings are super nice.

In the original add, the seller noted that David Hanson told him that
“There is a minor cosmetic issue: A flat spot occurred in the bending process. You can't see it, but it feels a little flat on the lower bout. It has no effect on the structure or the tone."

In truth, I can’t even feel it, and when I ask my luthier about it, he said “where??” “Oh, I guess here, maybe—nothing if it is anything.”

$350 shipping within the COUS , payment through Zelle (super easy bank transfer) or personal check. Glad to play it for you over zoom if you like!

Attachments

• Hanson 2.jpg
    Hanson 2.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Hanson 1.jpg
    Hanson 1.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Hanson 5.jpeg
    Hanson 5.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Hanson 3.jpg
    Hanson 3.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 193
  • Handson 5.jpg
    Handson 5.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Beautiful Rich! Wish I’d have heard this one play before you sold it.

Worth every penny I'm sure. I love David's ukes.

what a sweetheart, Rich.
you've obviously given her some TLC.
gorgeous instrument.
wondering if there's a way you can do a sound sample
to post publicly that doesn't necessitate zoom?

For sale, 2021 David Hanson, Cripple Creek, soprano ukulele. Red Cedar Top, Koa back and sides, mesquite fretboard. 13 3/4" scale with a 1 1/2" nut. Nice deep 2 1/2" body at the tail. Grover tuners.

This is actually an amazing uke, if you like a bit of a thicker, fatter neck, and more spacing on the fretboard (think Kala elite). The neck is the only reason I am selling it—I like them super thin (plus, 3500 bucks in custom ukes coming!). It is loud, resonant, and slightly guitar like. It sounds more like a concert to me (A very, very good concert).

When I received this uke, it buzzed pretty badly. So, I took it to my luthier here for a nut change (this is NOT cheap, lol) and a set up to get the action nice and low with no buzzing). This is great for strummers now! So, it is freshly set up and perfect. It is great shape, nearly mint, with the smallest scratches on the soundboard that you can only see if you move it around and hit the light just so (you all know those!). The Koa is lovely, and the maple bindings are super nice.

In the original add, the seller noted that David Hanson told him that
“There is a minor cosmetic issue: A flat spot occurred in the bending process. You can't see it, but it feels a little flat on the lower bout. It has no effect on the structure or the tone."

In truth, I can’t even feel it, and when I ask my luthier about it, he said “where??” “Oh, I guess here, maybe—nothing if it is anything.”

$425 shipping within the COUS , payment through Zelle (super easy bank transfer) or personal check. Glad to play it for you over zoom if you like!
Pretty!!

Ok, $375 shipped...My prettiest uke and sounds awesome. If you love the Kala Elite necks you would be all giddy for this one.

Fickle me realizes that it is really the 1.5 inch fretboard (at nut) as much as, or perhaps more, than the shape of the neck. Someone really should buy this baby to love. If you like that width fretboard, and dig cedar, this is a great uke for a great price. I think David's ukes are super under valued. It is going to be $350 now shipped. Would love to have this in someone's hands before I fly down south.

Last edited:
Top Bottom