2022 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

Mitch, I told Ricky Somborn about the festival, too. He's another YouTube teacher that Bernadette is friends with. In fact, I believe he is pictured on stage at the 2019 festival pics you posted. He's excited to be coming, too. It should be a fantastic event. I'm so looking forward to it!

Mitch, I told Ricky Somborn about the festival, too. He's another YouTube teacher that Bernadette is friends with. In fact, I believe he is pictured on stage at the 2019 festival pics you posted. He's excited to be coming, too. It should be a fantastic event. I'm so looking forward to it!
Yep, he did great last time and is coming out to CA just for the festival! Will be sure to get him back up onstage, now he knows what to expect
View attachment LA_Ukelele_Fest_ODonnell-2587 - lo-res.jpg

Still room for 2-3 more Ukulele Festival Marketplace vendors - let me know if you have a prodcut or service (ukulele/music-related only, please) that would be a good fit. Shoot me a message and a link to your website. The vendor marketplace is free and open to the public with lots of free parking and there'll be food vendors out in the Entry Plaza area as well, FYI.

We are now only one month away from the biggest ukulele festival in the U.S.! Sept 23-25, Friday: evening kick-off concert with Andrew Molina & Brittni Paiva; Saturday: all-day workshops, performances and activities; Sunday: performances and play-alongs at the Grand Annex in San Pedro

I promise you this will be the funnest weekend ever, whether you come to one or all three days! All the info is at www.losangelesukulelefestival.com - looking forward to seeing you all there after a two-year COVID hiatus. I appreciate your support over the past 5 years - come one, come all, and let's get some new folks out to experience the fun, too!

@mitchchang Will there be an option to buy tickets at the door? I'd like to come but won't know if I can make it down until probably the day before.

@mitchchang Will there be an option to buy tickets at the door? I'd like to come but won't know if I can make it down until probably the day before.
yes absolutely but buying in advance always helps with headcount for printing programs (which are given out for free) and other such logistics. If you end up paying on the day of, cash, credit or Venmo will be accepted.

Some things to know about September 24:

NO WILL-CALL; YOU MUST BRING YOUR PRINTED E-TICKET FOR ENTRY
Doors open at 8:30am September 24. Come straight to the Torino Plaza entry gate, show your e-ticket, get your wristband and that's it - no will-call and check-in necessary

Workshop descriptions available on website
  • Scroll down to bottom of home page and click on “festival schedule”
  • On the workshops page: "Click here for workshops descriptions"
We will have open mic again at the Ohana booth in the marketplace area throughout the day. Ohana will also have a booth for string changes, simple ukulele fixes (free)

PRIZE DRAWING: There will be two prize drawings, first one for the early birds at 9:30am and the second at 5pm at the end of the day. Tickets are $5 each/6 for $20. Enter to win prizes from Ohana, Kala, Islander, Manea, Tyde & more! Each prize will have its own ticket box so you can enter to win the specific one you want. Each entry gets you a free set of Ernie Ball ukulele strings! (while supplies last)
  • Drawing proceeds will help to procure ukuleles for Heroes Ukulele Group, STEAM elementary school in Watts, L.A., and Ukulele Kids Club).
  • Please bring cash or have Venmo downloaded for ticket purchases.
UKULELE DONATIONS: Please also consider bringing a gently used ukulele (or two!) to donate to one of the aforementioned organizations.

UKULELE CLUBS: Any ukulele group is welcome to have a rep hand out flyers and meet prospective new members at tables I will have set up for you.

Drawing, donations and ukulele group tables will all be in the Ken Miller Rec Center Lobby.

The BIG EVENT is this coming weekend! Kicking off with Brittni and Andrew's concert Friday night, who's coming??? www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

Here's a complete list of the prizes one can enter to win only in person at the festival on Saturday:

9:30am early bird drawing prizes
Ohana 8-string ukulele Enya Nova U Concert Black Islander Ukulele
Kala Galaxy Black Sparkle Concert Ukulele Rebel Double Crème Soprano K-Stand

5:00pm drawing prizes
Tyde Learner Ukulele Ohana Limited Edition 90SC Enya Nova U Concert Black
Islander Ukulele Kala All Solid Curly Mango Metropolitan Concert Ukulele Kala Wanderer U-Bass
Rebel Double Crème Soprano Manea Tahitian Ukulele K-Stand

Top Bottom